How to disable frame smoothing?
Pcsx2 has tendency to slow down the game to compensate for lower fps, making it more unplayable than if the game suffered from low fps itself. Is there a way to disable the fps smoothing?

Sponsored links

What is fps smoothing? also, PCSX2 doesn't slow down the game to "compensate for lower fps". If the game is running slower than it should, it's usually because your system is not fast enough to handle it to run as fast as it should, at which case it's not PCSX2 which slows down the game, it's your system.

PCSX2 will run the game as fast as your system allows, and by default not faster than the game's original speed.
(02-13-2015, 10:37 PM)avih Wrote: What is fps smoothing? also, PCSX2 doesn't slow down the game to "compensate for lower fps". If the game is running slower than it should, it's usually because your system is not fast enough to handle it to run as fast as it should, at which case it's not PCSX2 which slows down the game, it's your system.

PCSX2 will run the game as fast as your system allows, and by default not faster than the game's original speed.

The pcsx2 slows down the game artifically, so instead of fps tearing up, it slows the game down, means it still runs on same fps frequency but slower...

It wouldnt bother me if it was tearing up, but the slowdown is annoying...
(02-13-2015, 11:14 PM)Nightmare799 Wrote: The pcsx2 slows down the game artifically, so instead of fps tearing up, it slows the game down, means it still runs on same fps frequency but slower...

It wouldnt bother me if it was tearing up, but the slowdown is annoying...

Then get a decent pc, and pcsx2 won't slow down anymore.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
fps smotting? artificially slow? tearing? that's all wrong. it's not a graphics card issue. most of the computation is done on your cpu. if that's not fast enough it's running slow. there was a hack to cut that a lil. you can try frameskipping. but trust me when i say you don't wanna do that jerky bug dance. Wink
I think you should know that FPS in ps2/pcsx2 are not the same as for pc games. You might be able to play a pc game at 20FPS at full speed and it just looks ugly. But due to the architecture of the ps2 the frames must not get out of sync. Therefore all necessary cycles need emulation which slows you down.

I think frameskip is not reasonable or?
(02-13-2015, 11:49 PM)willkuer Wrote: I think you should know that FPS in ps2/pcsx2 are not the same as for pc games. You might be able to play a pc game at 20FPS at full speed and it just looks ugly. But due to the architecture of the ps2 the frames must not get out of sync. Therefore all necessary cycles need emulation which slows you down.

I think frameskip is not reasonable or?

I see...
So its practically the way ps2 is working. The thing is, games I play on pcsx only occasionally go under 50 fps, and never below 30. 30 fps should, while looking a little choppy, still be fine, ithere was not the need to sync the frame rate.

Is my pc really so bad? I mean, I am able to games like shadow of mordor on high and bf 3 on ultra without a budge.

I even OCed my cpu to 4.5GHz per core (had to sacrifice 2 cores though).

I mean I know it still runs only on 3 cores, but Is 4.5Ghz per core really so bad?
Nevermind, I forgot to enable few essental hacks, games run smoothly now.
First question : What is your hardware specs ?
First advice: Don't compare emulating ps2 games to native pc games. They are entirely a different thing, sometimes emulating games using pcsx2 can be far more demanding than most latest pc releases.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction