How to dump your "PS2 BIOS" files using FMCB+PS2Ident
Dumping "PS2 BIOS" is simple, actually. No crossover or additional PC software needed.
Remove or disable modchips, otherwise you will get a wrong/corrupted BIOS dump.
You just need to buy a FMCB (Free MC Boot) memory card from ebay or somewhere (or install it using other method) and a usb stick.
After you have those two items, put a copy of PS2Ident on the root of your usb stick.
Now, put the memory card and the usb stick in your PS2 and turn it on (make sure there is no disc inserted).
Now select uLaunchELF from the hacked OSDSYS.
Press the circle button then select mass:.
Now browse to the PS2Ident.elf file and press circle.
Press the button indicated on the screen to dump your BIOS.
You should have a copy of your "BIOS files" on your USB stick (the folder that contains your PS2's model number).
Copy the "<your model number>_BOOT_ROM.bin" to your PCSX2 bios folder and rename it to "bios.bin", and "<your model number>_NVM.bin" to your PCSX2 bios folder and rename it to "bios.nvm".
Select the correct BIOS in PCSX2's bios chooser.
Be careful about sharing "bios.nvm", as it contains PSID and other console-unique information.
Have fun with the moderators not complaining about piracy :-)

Sponsored links

And what will you do with that card if your PS2 is one of those newer slim models on which FMCB don't work?
There was a page with a lot of different methods how to install FMCB but if you want to just run the dumper,you could replace the fmcb elf with ulaunchelf or the dumper

My PS2 is modded and for the first time,I create a CD with ulaunchelf
(09-03-2016, 09:28 PM)vsub Wrote: And what will you do with that card if your PS2 is one of those newer slim models on which FMCB don't work?
There was a page with a lot of different methods how to install FMCB but if you want to just run the dumper,you could replace the fmcb elf with ulaunchelf or the dumper

My PS2 is modded and for the first time,I create a CD with ulaunchelf

If you have a SCPH-9XXXX v18, check if you have one with date code 8c or later.
They may have BIOS v230 which is not compatible with FMCB. (and is probably the last version of the BIOS that $ON¥ created.)

Also, I didn't replace the uLaunchELF elf to keep the instructions simple.
I updated the tutorial for more clear instructions.