How to fix Grandia III random crashing problem(On battle scene)
I already search in forum for this problem but i can't find the way to fix it.

I use PCSX2 0.96 / GSdx 845(MSVC 15.00,SSE41 )0.1.9

(My Cpu is Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz )

Sponsored links

Any speedhacks enabled? If yes, turn the CycleRate hacks off please.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
No such crashes are known. Go back to default config and try that again.
Only if it continues to crash report back (possibly how to reproduce it as well).
its unbelievable man, Problem while using :
GSdx 845(MSVC 15.00,SSE41 )0.1.9

Must ask From Moderator
can it be that's my bios is too old ?
i try for ZeroGs 0.97.1 Plugin too but it's make the same problem.
(look like game will crash when one of character on battle scene try to use some of skill/magic/item(there show skill name before game crash))

My bios is USA v01.6(07/02/2002)

(I can play FF XII with no problem.)
(03-22-2009, 06:05 AM)cdaz Wrote: can it be that's my bios is too old ?
i try for ZeroGs 0.97.1 Plugin too but it's make the same problem.
(look like game will crash when one of character on battle scene try to use some of skill/magic/item(there show skill name before game crash))

My bios is USA v01.6(07/02/2002)

(I can play FF XII with no problem.)

Nothing to do with BIOS. Have you tried disabling speedhack? Also you can try re-rip your ISO. I had the same problem back in the PSX decade with castlevania, whenever I open the menu it crashes. And I ended up finding it was my CD-ROM's fault.
(03-21-2009, 03:45 PM)cdaz Wrote: I already search in forum for this problem but i can't find the way to fix it.

I use PCSX2 0.96 / GSdx 845(MSVC 15.00,SSE41 )0.1.9

(My Cpu is Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz )

Huh! I used to have the same issue (random crashes) in previous versions up until the official 0.9.6 came out; but ever since 0.9.6 SVN 791, the random crashing has ceased. Yes, I do have 3x Cycle Rate (and the three boxes on the right side) and never had a problem since. Yes, I should probably have that set to 1.5 or 2, but for the sake of the game's music, I keep it at 3x so the music will be able to catch up to the game. Speed hacks should be used with caution, because it can cause in-game stability issues and end up crashing PCSX2. As mentioned before, start out from 1.5, then 2 and then 3 and see which one works best for you. Speed hacks create shaky cutscenes; either change the hack to 1.5/2x or skip them since the game will likely crash at the cutscenes' end.
thankyou i will try to re-rip my ISO.
(I'm already turn off all Speedhack now)
Grandia III only crashed for me with cycleRate hax 2x / 3x.

without np.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
I'm a new arrival here and have been having the same problem with crashing at some point in battle-scenes. I've included what I think are the relevant hardware details in my sig, and I've been using PCSX2 0.9.6 with GSdx and all the other the plug-ins configured as (I think) they should be. And the latest DirectX redist. Oh, I'm using Windows XP, I'll add that to my sig if I remember, as it is probably very relevant (not just because my gfx card is DX10/SM4.0 capable with that, but only DX9/SM3.0 with XP of course).

It also froze at the end of the scene in the starting village at the end of the movie when a girl (who wants to be kidnapped) is held up, but I got around that by skipping the movie by hitting 'Select'.

I have been using 1.5x EE rate (along with the other three ticks on the right-side of that box) as that seemed the ideal combination which provided smooth movies and maximum framerate. I turned them all off (and even set the Advanced settings to 'Extra + Preserve Sign') for the end of movie crash but that didn't help, but that one could be bypassed.

The problem with the battle-scene seems to happen with big encounters-- six or so opponents, where I tend to deploy area-effect moves or magic. I don't know whether it is using those moves/magic during it is the cause as the error doesn't occur until the battle ends. Maybe EE rate or some sync speed-fix causing problems? I may be answering my own questions here. I should try playing with them all disabled (though it could be painfully slow).

Or I could try a beta. SVN 791? Since this is the only game I am currently wanting to play on it, I might give that a shot. So many options (beta version, disabling options, overclocking somewhat more). Overclocking further is certainly an option as I have a Thermalright XP-90C heatsink on my CPU, and in normal use the heatsink fan hardly runs.

I think I'll start with disabling all the speed-hacks as that is the easiest to do, even if it may slow things down a bit.

By the way, don't take any of the above as criticism of the great work you guys have done: I know how complex even ZX Spectrum emulation is (especially once you want to accurately do the R-register and correct screen-timing and memory-contention), so what you've done with the PS2 is nothing short of miraculous.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.2GHz @ solid 2.53GHz)
GPU: nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (not currently O/C)
Memory: 2GB DDR400 (2x 1GB @ DDR422 2.5-3-2)