Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to get 60fps in Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5
Hello Guys

What will i do to get 60 fps in this game Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5?
i only get 50 fps which is kind of slow/delay for me.. pls help

My Pc specs
CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X3 445 Processor ~3.1Ghz
Memory: 4096mb RAM
Display: Geforce GT 440 ddr5 1gb

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Of course, if you have a PAL version of the game, 50 fps is full speed... But if you could cinfirm you actually own the NTSC version, that would make things clearer
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
sorry btw i am newbie here Laugh

Pcsx2 v 1.0.0
i didnt change the settings yet
im playing iso Smile

Thank you Smile
is your game Pal or NTSC ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
it's a PAL

There are no ways in increasing its speed, if it's a PAL?
If it's PAL and you're playing at 50 fps, it's running full speed. Do you have any speedhacks enabled? Those can cause false FPS readings.
VU cycle stealing speedhack may cause the game seems to move in sllowmotion and kinda laggy despite the actual FPS goes to the nominal full 50 for PAL games.

Contrary to PC games where the events are synced by real time and then the FPS does not change the visual experience and motion pace, console games are tied to TV and then the emulator must keep a base FPS the same as the refresh rate for the Standard, what means 60 FPS for NTSC and 50 FPS for PAL. Hence there is no good trying to increase the emulator's FPS beyond the nominal value, actually is almost so bad as having it behind. (edit to clarify: that PCSX2 60FPS at NTSC is an "emulation" of the PS2 refresh rate, which is generated on hardware on PS2, the same as the "actual refresh rate" on your PC/Monitor is defined by the video driver and the monitor themselves and never changed by common programs).

IF is just the FPS value and the game seems to be running at correct speed... that's because it is.

Edit: Because that base FPS value is not the same as the actual FPS the game runs on PS2 and FPS does not necessarily defines the motion pace, people use to call it fake FPS albeit it is drawing that number of frames per second...

A clear example showing the FPS does not dictates the motion pace, in a movie running at 24 FPS (all the time).. first showing a car crash at normal speed and afterwards displaing a reprise in slow motion... the FPS did not change, despite the apparent movement did. Of course, using the same frame base does change the pace, for example, if you record a scene at 60FPS and then run it at 30FPS, the motion will change, what was meant is the motion pace may be tied with the FPS (in a film movie it always is) but that's not necessarily true, PC games show it for allowing the FPS dynamic changes without affecting the motion perception.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Convert your pal games to ntsc. But remember make copy first to back up cos it doesn't always work
Don't bother with that conversion, the 50 fps on PAL games are just the same as the 60 fps on NTSC, it's only a different system.
(04-15-2013, 04:38 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Don't bother with that conversion, the 50 fps on PAL games are just the same as the 60 fps on NTSC, it's only a different system.

but the title how to get 60fps