How to get a PS3 controller to correspond with PSX2
Hi Squall Leonhart,

just to let you know that the advice you posted yesterday didn't seem to work and the installation process is stuck at Looking for model section, can you think what is going wrong? At first when I installed MotionJoy I enabled the controller via USB and clicked install, this installed the drivers correctly but wouldn't interact with PSX2.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

P.S. fatwhiteman is also encountering the same problems as me.

Sponsored links

is the controller working inside the devices and printers > controller calibration screen
I thought I've tried this on many occasions Squall Leonhart and that all buttons were corresponding, I'll try again tonight and see what happens, not sure whether it's because Windows recognised it first and then overwrote the drivers with MotionJoy, I cancel the installation when I get home.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim
1. Disable Driver Signature Enhancement - Press F8 on start up for the option. Should be a black screen asking for things such as Safe mode, etc..
2. Let the driver install when you start Windows.
3. Start Motioninjoy software, click on PS3 controller, and set to default configuration.
4. Save. The trick is to click SAVE on the configuration to get the analogs working. It took me a while to realize this...
5. Check the controller properties to see if your analogs are working.
6. Configure your controller in PCSX2 - Lilypad

This is the exact steps I used to get my PS3 controller working on the Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. The controller works perfectly like it does on my PS3, and play all my PS2 games with it. (Devil May Cry, Tekken, FFX, etc.)
Thanks Inchun, I'll follow your advice too and to let you know.
the latest motionjoy driver is signed though, so F8 DDS shouldn't be needed.
@Squall Leonhart I followed your instructions you posted me yesterday, but didn't seem to make a difference, I thought disabling Driver Signature Enhancement wouldn't be necessary and anyway I've got Windows XP Media Center 2005. 

@Inchun I followed your instructions you posted me yesterday, but didn't seem to make a difference either, I navigated to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices and removed the following device entries before beginning.
- HID-compliant device
- HID-compliant game controller
- USB Human Interface Device

I thought this would remove all driver entries and allow Windows XP to reinstall the device as the default Playstation 3 controller rather than the MotionJoy 3 controller, do I have to uninstall MotionJoy in order for Windows XP to recognise the device as the default Playstation 3 controller?

Make sure to disable xinput and only use DirectInput when you configure the controller with motioninjoy.

I have it working fine, I've attached images of my configuration to assist. Remember, you need to set in motioninjoy that your controller is a X360 controller. Also, be sure to download the Xbox 360 controller driver from microsoft, the default Windows "found device" driver for it sucks (probably the same driver, but doesn't seem to install right for emulation). Lastly, be sure MotioninJoy is running and the controller set up before you launch the emulator, and configure the controller settings with it running.

Good luck, and hope this helps.

(03-01-2012, 07:58 PM)Inchun Wrote: 1. Disable Driver Signature Enhancement - Press F8 on start up for the option. Should be a black screen asking for things such as Safe mode, etc..
2. Let the driver install when you start Windows.
3. Start Motioninjoy software, click on PS3 controller, and set to default configuration.
4. Save. The trick is to click SAVE on the configuration to get the analogs working. It took me a while to realize this...
5. Check the controller properties to see if your analogs are working.
6. Configure your controller in PCSX2 - Lilypad

This is the exact steps I used to get my PS3 controller working on the Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. The controller works perfectly like it does on my PS3, and play all my PS2 games with it. (Devil May Cry, Tekken, FFX, etc.)

You don't need to disable the driver signing any more, they have a signed driver as of last year, so long as your MotioninJoy profile is up to date (I think there's an updater on the about page if you don't want to delete and redownload).
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
motionjoy can use xinput in lilypad, as long as thats the profile used in the motionjoy tool.
(03-03-2012, 10:27 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: motionjoy can use xinput in lilypad, as long as thats the profile used in the motionjoy tool.
It can use xinput, but I've found it gets flaky and sometimes gets overriden by Dinput, so I just disabled it for sake of simplicity
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit