How to get cheats to work?
Exclamation 
I am trying to get the cheats to work but there is no readme or instructions in the file. can somone tell me how to get them to work?

This pertains to the pnach cheats. oh and i did use the search feature but noting came up.
Propane and Propane Accessories i tell you what!

Sponsored links

What exactly do you need to know?

There's a few threads like this that might help you (but would be easier if you explain what you need):
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-pnach-files-work
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-redlof-s-...-for-newbs
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2CE-P...eat-Editor
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheat-making-for-dummies
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
none of thos threads help me.

I am using the PCSX2 Cheat Converter to use cheats. after fiddling with it for an hour and reading loads of posts i kinda figured it out. the only thing i need to find is the CRC. iv looked all through the log that Pcsx2 makes when it loads a game and can find no crc. even a google search didn't help me and there is only like 1 post asking what it is on here but no one answered it.
on pcsx 0.9.6's console window when the game is loaded you be able to see the CRC on the console window in addition go to
patch browser--->click pnach writer to create a pnach file
then open it on notepad and the examples is looks like this

comment=FFX
gametitle=FFX

//overdrive
patch=1,EE,0031B8E5,extended,00000064
patch=1,EE,0031BB35,extended,00000064
patch=1,EE,0031BC5D,extended,00000064
patch=1,EE,0031BAA1,extended,00000064
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-01-2010, 06:40 AM)tallbender Wrote: on pcsx 0.9.6's console window when the game is loaded you be able to see the CRC on the console window in addition go to
patch browser--->click pnach writer to create a pnach file
then open it on notepad and the examples is looks like this

comment=FFX
gametitle=FFX

//overdrive
patch=1,EE,0031B8E5,extended,00000064
patch=1,EE,0031BB35,extended,00000064
patch=1,EE,0031BC5D,extended,00000064
patch=1,EE,0031BAA1,extended,00000064
after a quicker look i found the CRC. i saved the pnach and added it to the cheats folder but it didnt work.

Do i need a seperate pnach for each cheat code?
if you using cheats on 0.9.6 put it on patches folder and 0.9.7 on the cheats folder

btw the cheats is maybe-possible invalid...post the name of the game,list of cheat code and most important source-type of cheat(gameshark,AR or CB)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-01-2010, 06:57 AM)tallbender Wrote: if you using cheats on 0.9.6 put it on patches folder and 0.9.7 on the cheats folder

btw the cheats is maybe-possible invalid...post the name of the game,list of cheat code and most important source-type of cheat(gameshark,AR or CB)

Resident Evil 4
and firefox fails me again. even though i saved the website i cant find it.

When i save the pnach should i save it using word or extended?

Edit: After alot of quick searching and rage i found where i got the codes from. i got them off the gameshark website
What's the original code? What version of the game do you have?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I too have been raging on this for the past few days... I never used any of the old emulator versions (meaning I have only used 0.9.7 although i tried 0.9.6 to try and get the damn thing to run...) so I found 90% of the forum content on this issue not helpful if not more irritating. My help to you is to read this guide ( that was told to you earlier ) over very well. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-redlof-s-...-for-newbs

My findings so far have told me that gameshark codes will not work with 0.9.7
I have no idea why but i have tested it on 20 games and not a single try has worked.... (RAGE!) But!?! codebreaker has had a 18 out of 20 success... my two fails are FFX item codes and something else I rather not remember after 112 lines of *****!

OK so here are some more hints that i looked every where on this forum for, FOR FIVE HOURS!!! ( by the way google rapes over the forum search)
MAKE YOUR CHEAT FOLDER! If your using the new emulator you NEED to make a folder labeled cheats in the root folder. if you don't know what your root folder is, check your program files for the emulator *note* if your looking in my documents, your not in the right place... but ya, not joking there is not an easy way to use codes yet.... unless some one would take that patch topic and make it into a data base and also make an addon so it can be used like cwcheats for the psp. <,< that would be awesome >,>

(10-04-2010, 10:58 AM)Bindfury Wrote: I too have been raging on this for the past few days... I never used any of the old emulator versions (meaning I have only used 0.9.7 although i tried 0.9.6 to try and get the damn thing to run...) so I found 90% of the forum content on this issue not helpful if not more irritating. My help to you is to read this guide ( that was told to you earlier ) over very well. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-redlof-s-...-for-newbs

My findings so far have told me that gameshark codes will not work with 0.9.7
I have no idea why but i have tested it on 20 games and not a single try has worked.... (RAGE!) But!?! codebreaker has had a 18 out of 20 success... my two fails are FFX item codes and something else I rather not remember after 112 lines of *****!

OK so here are some more hints that i looked every where on this forum for, FOR FIVE HOURS!!! ( by the way google rapes over the forum search)
MAKE YOUR CHEAT FOLDER! If your using the new emulator you NEED to make a folder labeled cheats in the root folder. if you don't know what your root folder is, check your program files for the emulator *note* if your looking in my documents, your not in the right place... but ya, not joking there is not an easy way to use codes yet.... unless some one would take that patch topic and make it into a data base and also make an addon so it can be used like cwcheats for the psp. <,< that would be awesome >,>

yeah i made a cheats folder. i had like 10 or so codes in 1 pnach file and none of them worked. i guess they wouldent sience gameshark codes dont work with 0.9.7 oh well.