How to get my game to work properly...
I apologize how overused this type of thread is but im out of options i kept searching for a better version and i kept looking at the game i dont see many issues but obviously something is wrong.

PCSX2 1.0 R5350

HP Pavillion DV7 Notebook PC

AMD Phenom II N830 Triple-Core Processor (3CPUs) 2.1Ghz each im assuming

3.74 GB of usable RAM

Im using standard plugins and bios, The game im playing is Madden NFL 11

The problems are extreme lag of sound but it feels there is slightly less lag of the video is there better bios and plugins to use

Sponsored links

Your laptop has a mobility radeon 5650. I keep getting told my Geforce GT 610 is kinda weak for PCSX2 and your card is only about 5% faster. It could be that. Also your CPU is pretty dated, although I'm not completely sure on what the bare minimum is for PCSX2 and I haven't played Madden. My guess is your hardware. What FPS is PCSX2 giving you in it's status bar?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I just tried a different game and its doing the same thing the same areas when it shows the ps2 it slows and skips and the EA Sports is slow motion 35 fps is the highest and i have no speed hacks so it should be rating incorrectly is there any way to increase the speed
Try speed hacks. Get a newer machine.

Don't feel bad, I just built a brand new machine only to find out there is still certain games that My CPU is too slow for and mine is about 4x faster than yours.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-24-2013, 07:33 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Try speed hacks. Get a newer machine.

Don't feel bad, I just built a brand new machine only to find out there is still certain games that My CPU is too slow for and mine is about 4x faster than yours.
^^ this.

and make sure your laptop's power plan is set to high performance mode
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What is the most effective in speed RAM or CPU . . cause no matter what i do its still lagging to the point that the game is unplayable and whats stupid is i can play games with atleast PS3 graphics quality just fine its so aggravating if the reason its not going to work is because of the program i might as well stop trying this game and just stick with fps... i just wanted a change up and the only working games are pc games -.-
(09-24-2013, 07:58 AM)tamichii Wrote: What is the most effective in speed RAM or CPU . . cause no matter what i do its still lagging to the point that the game is unplayable and whats stupid is i can play games with atleast PS3 graphics quality just fine its so aggravating if the reason its not going to work is because of the program i might as well stop trying this game and just stick with fps... i just wanted a change up and the only working games are pc games -.-

Comparing an emulator to a standard PC game is apples and oranges. There are lots of issues why it takes way more horsepower to emulate than run natively. In the PS2 case I recall that the sync between the EE and GS and VU is a big one.

Like I said before your GPU is slightly faster than mine and I have managed to reach 100% speed in all games I've tried so far.

Your bottleneck is almost certainly your CPU.

"The reason it's not going to work" is the complicated issue of emulating a completely different architecture like the PS2 on an PC and the fact that your hardware just isn't up to par for it.
(09-24-2013, 07:58 AM)tamichii Wrote: What is the most effective in speed RAM or CPU . . cause no matter what i do its still lagging to the point that the game is unplayable and whats stupid is i can play games with atleast PS3 graphics quality just fine its so aggravating if the reason its not going to work is because of the program i might as well stop trying this game and just stick with fps... i just wanted a change up and the only working games are pc games -.-
Don't compare pc gaming to emulating. Just don't. When you emulate a console, you're making a few pieces of hardware work like the whole console while maintaining the rest of the operating system. That's not really easy, you know? Also, instead of complaining how slow it is you could be thankful that you can play it. If it's "unplayably slow" play it on your PS2
okay well thanks im not going to run around in circles and give my computer viruses up the wazoo just to play a game . . i had 25 trojans from the downloads it took to get the game and the bios
(09-24-2013, 08:14 AM)tamichii Wrote: okay well thanks im not going to run around in circles and give my computer viruses up the wazoo just to play a game . . i had 25 trojans from the downloads it took to get the game and the bios

Watch what you say dude... because that's against the rules.