How to improve performance?
You are quite welcome =D

SotC is one of my favorite games. I'm waiting for the day where I can play it at full speed in 1080p
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.

Sponsored links

(07-24-2009, 06:18 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: You are quite welcome =D

SotC is one of my favorite games. I'm waiting for the day where I can play it at full speed in 1080p

oh its beautiful i always wanted to play it and now i finally got the chance Smile i always wished thy made a sequel or something because i think the game mechanics are wonderful
The Last Guardian will be out for PS3 sometime in the next year I believe. =D

Check out some vieos for that, looks very very good.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-24-2009, 07:51 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: The Last Guardian will be out for PS3 sometime in the next year I believe. =D

Check out some vieos for that, looks very very good.

yeah the one with the little guy with the huge monster? lol yeah looks good but i dont have a ps3 :/
I do, and I'm so glad I bought one. It's going to be a fun(and expensive!) holiday season!
(07-24-2009, 05:12 AM)pizzaboyruben Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 05:03 AM)nasageek Wrote: You probably could get away with no speed hacks with a little overclocking. Your system is quite the powerhouse.

yeah but i dont think its my system i think the emulator slows me down. im running with almost 100 fps constantly but still its like laggy lol idk how to explain it. and when i try to lmit fps it just makes it too slow. sorrta dissapointed i thought i would be able to run shadow of the colossus no problem

You don't know what you are talking about.
First of all, you cannot get 100 fps from a ps2 game. They are all hard coded for television systems. Wich means that the emuilation MUST run on 60fps (for NTSC games) or 50fps (PAL games). Although I would prefer to call this Hz (refresh rate) rather than fps limit, since that's not the internal frame rate of the game. Many games have internal frameskip in their engines, and VERY many games actually run on 30 fps only, or any different frame rate, independantly form what the "outer" refresh rate is, wich is ALWAYS 60/50 fps.
So if you set the emulation to anything higher than that, that would only result in "fast forward".
Second off all, I bet your monitor runs on 60 hz refresh rate (nothing wrong with that), wich means that it cannot display more fps than that. It's not needed either. native 60fps is smooth like hell.
(07-24-2009, 05:17 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus runs pretty badly for everyone. It's one of the most demanding games as it really maxes out the PS2's capabilities.

I'd disagree. Of all the games that I have, SOTC is the one that runs best for me on pcsx2. It has been that way, and it still is.
Innuendo, PCSX2 doesn't operate exactly as the console does. Many people can get well over 100FPS depending on the power of their machine and the game they play. Have you never gotten over 50 or 60 FPS? Maybe that's because you have the frame limiter on? And yes 60fps is smooth, IF you get that without skipping frames, and without speedhacks. Full frames doesn't always mean perfect gameplay.

And KrazyTrumpeter05 isn't saying that literally every person has bad performance with SotC, he's just saying that it's one of the more demanding games. I hope your not here to flame people, and please get your facts straight before telling others they're wrong.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(07-25-2009, 12:34 PM)Innuendo Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 05:03 AM)nasageek Wrote: You probably could get away with no speed hacks with a little overclocking. Your system is quite the powerhouse.

yeah but i dont think its my system i think the emulator slows me down. im running with almost 100 fps constantly but still its like laggy lol idk how to explain it. and when i try to lmit fps it just makes it too slow. sorrta dissapointed i thought i would be able to run shadow of the colossus no problem

First of all, you cannot get 100 fps from a ps2 game. They are all hard coded for television systems. Wich means that the emuilation MUST run on 60fps (for NTSC games) or 50fps (PAL games). Although I would prefer to call this Hz (refresh rate) rather than fps limit, since that's not the internal frame rate of the game. Many games have internal frameskip in their engines, and VERY many games actually run on 30 fps only, or any different frame rate, independantly form what the "outer" refresh rate is, wich is ALWAYS 60/50 fps.
So if you set the emulation to anything higher than that, that would only result in "fast forward".
Second off all, I bet your monitor runs on 60 hz refresh rate (nothing wrong with that), wich means that it cannot display more fps than that. It's not needed either. native 60fps is smooth like hell.
Larfin_Man already said what I was going to say about more than the 60 fps "limit" but I'll also say that FPS is NOT the same as refresh rate.

http://hometheater.about.com/od/televisi...efresh.htm

Explains things quite nicely.
(07-25-2009, 12:34 PM)Innuendo Wrote:

i am only speaking in terms of what the emulator is telling me. when i try to limit the frames to 60 it does not work as well so i just leave it normal and it usually stays over 60. im not speaking of what i know only what the emulator tells me