How to increase PCSX2 Performance?
Alright, the game I am playing is Gran Turismo 4. I am usually running between 35-70 FPS. That FPS is not a problem. The problem is that sometimes I hear a ripple or the game is in slow motion, like it's slower than what it would be on the console (I know it's usually not as fast, but still). I am wondering how to not make the game in slow motion. Is it the EE that's making it slow-motion (EE is usually at around 70-99% when racing) or is it the GS (GS is usually at around 40-60% when racing). Here are the important specs.

GPU: GeForce GT430 1GB GDDR3

CPU: Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperXBlu DDR3 1600

Thanks for replying in advance.

Sponsored links

Try the MTVU Speedhack, among others.
Make sure you keep the internal resolution sensible for your GPU.
Native should be fine;
anything higher is for you to test. Wink

P.S. Overclocking your processor would help.
Also, make sure your drivers are up-to-date and your computer does not overheat. Smile
People only know what you have told them.
Post your settings. But this effect that you describe for this patucular game is caused be week GPU. I dont suest anything much then Native resolution with that video..
                        Here they are. Idk if I put my setting correctly or not.
Your settings are just fine. In my opinion, it's because of your CPU. It's not powerful enough to run a game like Gran Turismo. You may try to overclock your CPU or more easily, turn on EE Cyclerate Speedhack.
People only know what you have told them.
(08-18-2012, 11:30 PM)PyramidHead Wrote: Your settings are just fine. In my opinion, it's because of your CPU. It's not powerful enough to run a game like Gran Turismo. You may try to overclock your CPU or more easily, turn on EE Cyclerate Speedhack.
It feels like it's the FPS. I think when it drops below 50, it starts going slower, slow-motion, as it would be called. I don't know, and my processor seems fine when it runs. The cores are running at around 40-50% when playing the game. I dunno, if it's the processor, than that old game requires some heavy duty processing, holy crap..
(08-18-2012, 11:49 PM)BiscuitRavaGeR Wrote: It feels like it's the FPS. I think when it drops below 50, it starts going slower, slow-motion, as it would be called. I don't know, and my processor seems fine when it runs. The cores are running at around 40-50% when playing the game. I dunno, if it's the processor, than that old game requires some heavy duty processing, holy crap..

Running games in full emulation like this is not directly comparable to running games native. Emulation has significant amounts of overhead.

If your EE% is maxing out when your fps drops, then you are cpu limited. MTVU and cycle hacks may help in some cases.
Biscuit I had a somewhat similar problem with Jak 3. Even if your cores are not shown as maxed they are still probably being used to the max. Afaik what you see in task manager is the percentage of the capacity of the FPU and ALU units being used in a core. There are other resources that PCSX2 may need more of than there is, and therefor makes it look like you have extra CPU. Hope that's not too complicated. There is a much longer and technical explanation, but that would just serve to complicate the answer. Hope this helps.