How to increase the speed?
My laptop spec :
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4006 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.393 ghz (4 logical threads)
Video Card = Nvidia GT540M

I'm using Pcsx2 0.9.9.5347 (svn), enabled the option as below :
Speedhack : Everything is enabled except fast CDVD
Video : [SSE2] Gsdx9 Hardware with Native enabled, texture filtering unchecked, allow 8-bit texture checked.

The game I'm trying to play is Fate Unlimited Code, it's average Fps is around 20~25 fps, is there anything I should know or do to increase the Fps?

Sponsored links

first use SSE4 instead of SSE2 and D3DX11 Hardware as a render
I don't have D3DX11 as the option, does it mean that I don't have Direct X 11? If that's so I'll go download it.
hmm that's weird are you sure you're using the GT540 instead of the internal one Intel HD3000 !!!

because the second one don't support DX11 Sad ( and that might be the problem since it's MUCH weaker )
Yup, I checked the Device Manager and under the Display Adapters it shows NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. Intel ® HD Graphic Family is showed there too if that matters.
Make sure the dedicated GT 540M is used in PCSX2, not the HD 3000. You can set it in Nvidia Control Panel.
well i don't know how i can figure out if you're really using the External or the internal one but GTX 540 support DX11 and as a result D3DX11 render should be there ...

and the whole slowdown issue can result that you're ( or PCSX2 ) is using HD3000 instead ...
I added Pcsx2 to Program Settings in Nvdia control Panel, and set the settings to High Performance Nvidia processor. The fps speeded up to 40~45 fps. Is there any other method to increase it further more?
Edit: Just saw D3D11 option is available now! Trying now...
Edit 2: It's around 55~60 fps, is it normal?
that's a big increase you should be happy with it Smile

you got a playable speed Laugh

well i don't know the game if it's apropirate or not ...

but since it was a GPU bottleneck enable frame skipping in :

Config < Emulation settings < GS < tick enable Frame skipping

set 2 to Skip 2 to draw Smile

if the game become buggy just disable it ....
Thanks a lot, at least it's not laggy anymore. Smile