How to make a proper recording using built-in recorder?!
I am using the latest PCSX2 release (the same happens with older releases as well) and when I try to record (F12-function), depending on the compression method I choose, it goes SUPER SLOW either on the recorded movie or when I am playing and recording. Like, if I choose compression method "(VfW) XviD MPEG-4 Codec" and start to record, the in-game/when I play is SUPER SLOW (even if I choose LOW quality in the settings), BUT when I stop the recording and watch it on my PC, it shows normal speed! And if I choose compression method "(VfW) ffdshow video codec" and start to record, the in-game/when I play is smooth and like it should be, but when I stop the recording and watch it on my PC, the recording is SUPER SLOW!

What's up with this? Is it possible to get normal speed on both, hmm? How do I sort this out?

ps: I don't care about the sound. It is disabled anyway, so don't worry about that.

My PC setup:
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Phenom II X3 720
4GB RAM
Radeon HD4870
Latest DX

Sponsored links

No it's not possible. PCSX2 is already extremely CPU intensive, add the on the fly video encoding and you get super slow speeds. The movie is automatically sped up to full speed after it's recorded.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I see, i see. but... what is the best and most preferable encoding/recording process that one should choose from the list...? Because fdshow and Xvid both does not have the game videos i record in normal speed. it is super slow.
I just use uncompressed. Do keep in mind it creates extremely huge files though.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I used a screengrabber like CamStudio to record in realtime. It was possible to play atleast 50-80 percent speed and encoding xvid 30 frames @2048 kbit. Now what?

If you're built-in recording it doesn't matter if you do uncompressed or on the fly encoding. It's fukking slow. For the skew at framerate ask the internal fps count in the resulting avi file. Wink
Screen grabber results look fairly poor though, imo.
Guess it depends on what kind of video you want Tongue2
(09-25-2010, 01:38 AM)minstreless Wrote: I am using the latest PCSX2 release (the same happens with older releases as well) and when I try to record (F12-function), depending on the compression method I choose, it goes SUPER SLOW either on the recorded movie or when I am playing and recording. Like, if I choose compression method "(VfW) XviD MPEG-4 Codec" and start to record, the in-game/when I play is SUPER SLOW (even if I choose LOW quality in the settings), BUT when I stop the recording and watch it on my PC, it shows normal speed! And if I choose compression method "(VfW) ffdshow video codec" and start to record, the in-game/when I play is smooth and like it should be, but when I stop the recording and watch it on my PC, the recording is SUPER SLOW!

What's up with this? Is it possible to get normal speed on both, hmm? How do I sort this out?

ps: I don't care about the sound. It is disabled anyway, so don't worry about that.

My PC setup:
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Phenom II X3 720
4GB RAM
Radeon HD4870
Latest DX
when you record on the built in recorder of the emulator, the game will really slow down due to the recording process, so you'll have to bear the slowness while recording it, as for the sound of the recorded video, you'll
have to use a video converter software because when you record the game, the video and sound files are recorded separately, this is where you'll have to merge the video and sound files, record the video using microsoft vll video format instead of uncompressed to save a lot of space because in the microsoft vll video it takes up at least 600 mb of hard disk space for a 3 minute video recording, compared to uncompressed 1.6 gb after recording it merge the video and sound files (the sound file default filename is recording.wav) in the video converter. I recommend converting it to Apple TV Format because the recorded 600 mb video in the built in recorder will be converted to 70 mb without sacrificing the quality, try using xilisoft video converter ultimate 6 and play it using vlc media player it totally works! a lot!