How to play the games little bit faster?
hi budds

1st of all i am glad to join u ppl as the love i have for the Sony consoles Smile

yesterday was my very first attempt to play the emulator on my pc and i am glad tht i have played the game i want
i have done every thing as told in the Guide very helpfull indeed and the Emulator work smoothly and perfectly

The question which bothers me is the game play was a quite bit slow, how can i make it a more fast wht settings should i have maintained in the given plugins the games which i played yesterday are

Mortal Kombat Deadly Allience
Virtua Fighter IV Evolution

the graphics and other things r good but the game play is slow and i have noticed tht in Virtua Fighter IV Evolution the analog sticks r not working or did i have miss something?
appreciate ur help if any tips suggested to play the game little bit more faster Smile
wait for ur replis buddies
[Image: card2.png]

Sponsored links

First we'll need some more information about your setup. What are your PC stats? (Video card and CPU being the most important of the two, as well as operating system) What version of PCSX2 are you currently running? (0.9.6, beta 1474, SVN release, etc)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-21-2009, 01:39 AM)Koji Wrote: First we'll need some more information about your setup. What are your PC stats? (Video card and CPU being the most important of the two, as well as operating system) What version of PCSX2 are you currently running? (0.9.6, beta 1474, SVN release, etc)

Sure oops i forgot to mention here is my setup

Windows Xp pro Sp3 32bit
Intel Q9650
DDR-3 4gb
XFX 4830 512mb
Xbox 360 joypad with Usb cable

and the PCSX2 i am using
PCSX2 0.9.6

i hope tht helps Koji Smile
First you can try the latest supported beta from this thread (as well as the beta plugins) http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Those are known to be quite a bit faster than the current 0.9.6 release.

You can also try adjust some of the speed hacks to get a little bit of a boost, but the effectiveness on them really depends on the individual game. You can also try changing the clamp mode from "normal" to "none" under advanced options.
[Image: 2748844.png]
PcsX2 use only 2 cores of your cpu. Your cpu speed must be 3.0ggz each core or higher for those games. Only overclocking might help.
How about analog sticks, use LilyPad plugin latest version.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
I am using the lilypad but i dont understadn why it wont work in the Virtua Fighter IV only D-pads work there any idea how to fix tht ?
Ok Koji i have tried the Beta ones and guess wht its work awesome except tht i cant use the analog sticks of the xbox360pad
yesterday when i play mortal kombat deadly allience the analog sticks work but today when i played KOF Max Imp 1 and KOF Max Impac 2 the d pad works fine but the analog sticks wont work i dont why they r not working can u put some light on it and how to resolve this issue and thx for the help once again Smile
I can't answer about the analog sticks but what FPS are you getting for Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution? I have my AMD PhenomII X3 clocked at 3.4GHz and while the game only runs at 50 to 55 fps it appears to run at full speed.

Im using 2x Cycle rate speed hack and Bob tff in the graphic plug in options. Also are you running from a disk or an iso?
I am using an ISO and i will let u know abt the FPS for the VF4E but for KOF MI i am gettting like 55-59 which shows in the DOS command screen i hope tht helps
(08-22-2009, 01:16 AM)Simonsez9 Wrote: I am using an ISO and i will let u know abt the FPS for the VF4E but for KOF MI i am gettting like 55-59 which shows in the DOS command screen i hope tht helps

KOF MI at 55-59 fps is practically full speed (assuming you are playing the NTSC-U version of the game) so thats not really as much slow down as I thought you might be having. If you post your speed hacks, and graphics plugins settings we might be able to squeeze out that last 5 fps. Also try a program called Game Booster, it shuts down all unnecessary background processes so that your system has more resources to use. You may get a 5 fps boost or it may not do anything at all, YMMV.