How to properly patch PCSX2?
This is what I don't get, which part of the binary that needs to be copy pasted. If you copy paste the whole binary, it will just put the binary into the folder and I don't see any noticeable effect that results from doing this action.

There's also a pcsx2-r5350.exe in the binary which opens an installer when I click on it. I'm using winrar to open the binary by the way.

Sponsored links

Step by step:

1. Move your memcard and bios folder to another location.

2. Delete everything inside old PCSX2 folder.

3. Extract the binary to the PCSX2 folder.

4. Copy back those two folders.

5. Re-configure your PCSX2.

6. Done.
Ok, I got 1.0 installed though I still have remmants of 0.9.8 left. Is using the uninstall program shortcut for 0.9.8 recommended?
Sorry I forgot to tell you sooner, if you're using 0.9.8 installer, those files (memory cards) should be in your Documents folder. Copy them out first.

I suggest you create a new folder just for the new PCSX2.
Ehh... I wanted pcsx2 to still be listed in my programs in the computer so I finally just saved the inis, bios, and memcards, uninstalled everything related to 0.9.8, downloaded the 1.0 installer, installed it, and moved my memcards, inis, and bios back into the folder. And everything still works. Thanks to everyone who helped me! Laugh Now all I have to do is delete everything pcsx2 related from my recycle bin....
inis from old PCSX2 might not work so well with new plugins.

Just saying. Cool
(09-07-2012, 11:34 AM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: inis from old PCSX2 might not work so well with new plugins.

Just saying. Cool

Alright, I deleted the inis too. Now I gotta configure those again -_-'