Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to record videos with FRAPS?
Yeah, because I somehow can't record videos with the program, but I heard that it would be possible.

But how?

Also the frame counter doesn't appear in the Output window. So FRAPS doesn't recognize the PS2 Emulator?

Any suggestions? Help really appreciated.

Sponsored links

Moved to chatterbox,it's about Fraps not PCSX2 Wink
If i recall correctly,you have to run PCSX2 in full screen for it to be detected by Fraps
[Image: newsig.jpg]
yep u need to run it in fullscreen to record with fraps
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w
Ah ok, thanks. Smile
in my case i always use hypercam to record videos on pcsx2 and the result is good enough for me.
in hypercam we can use window mode or full screen of pcsx2.
Mobo: BIOSTAR TH67+
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: G-Skill(Ripjaws-X) 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800
VGA: Sapphire ARCTIC COOLING HD 5670 1GB
Um I also get a problem wen recording with FRAPs, when ever i record GTA SA my video looks all dissorted and the colors are likes rainbows
(01-03-2009, 01:51 PM)Bositman Wrote: If i recall correctly,you have to run PCSX2 in full screen for it to be detected by Fraps

(01-03-2009, 03:25 PM)creamsoda Wrote: yep u need to run it in fullscreen to record with fraps

Not true
[Image: nottruenb3.th.jpg]

@ Raffeal19
The key bind for fraps screen shot is F10
You can change this in the settings if you wish. You know fraps is working when the FPS is displayed on your screen the default location is the top right i think.

(01-07-2009, 01:54 PM)Afroman Wrote: Um I also get a problem wen recording with FRAPs, when ever i record GTA SA my video looks all dissorted and the colors are likes rainbows

Is this during the recording? Or after its finished? (The playback)
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
Hey guys sorry to dig up this old thread but I'm having problems recording with FRAPS.

Every time i hit F9 i get "pcsx2-r1888 has stopped responding" ect. Now could this be because im using the public beta now?
I want to record DBZ BT3 videos, i get excellent performance with the beta, my frames drop with the 0.9.6 release.

Im on vista running both pcsx2-r1888.exe and fraps.exe as admin.
You must be using the Lilypad beta that came with that 1888 beta build as well for it to work. F9 is used for another function (toggles gsdx from hardware to software mode) so not sure how you connect it to FRAPS.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i have "Lillypad svn (r1853) 0.10.0" installed at the moment working great, and thats the only one i can seem to find in the "Plugins" section.

[edit] Oh hang on a sec, does that mean if i change the fraps key to somthing other than F9 it should work?,

[edit] well it doesnt crash anymore just dropps my frames too much.