How to recording gameplay from PCSX2
I personally use Fraps to record all my gameplays, then I patch the files together using VirtualDub in case they went over 3.90GB (Which is the limit for a file when recording with Fraps before it creates another AVI). Also using VirtualDub to encode the videos. For some examples you can check my YT playlist: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekar300#gri...1DF03656B9

Only thing I don't like is that I can't put the FPS on 30, because the actual sound and stuff goes down as well. (I was able to do this fine with RE5, but that's a PC game after all).

Youtube re-encodes videos to 30 FPS if they're 60, but they suck at it and lose frames, causing choppy video plays at times. It's much better having it at 30 FPS from the start when recording. (The 30 FPS function in Fraps also messes up in PCSX2).

Sponsored links

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I think lots of people find it interesting ,including me of course.So I've recorded a video of Kingdom Hearts using the built-in pcsx2 capture tool and uploaded it on youtube.The fps of the video is 60Excl and the fps in-game didn't drop at all for the duration of the capturing, which was surprising for me, cause I have a dual-core processor.Is it because Kingdom Hearts is easy to emulate? Perhaps, but then again I don't think it's the simpler of games.There are those 2D games like CapcomVsStreet Fighter or whatever, right?

Anyway here's the video (read the description for more info):

Kingdom Hearts - Capture 01
(01-18-2010, 11:34 AM)saxford Wrote: I prees F12 to start recording, but if I want to stop recording which button that I need to press ?

(01-18-2010, 11:54 AM)Bositman Wrote: F12 again

I pressed F12 and recording don't stop and stopped when i shut down emulator...
There video from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9aJYwRh8M
(09-06-2010, 12:37 PM)thexk Wrote: The fps of the video is 60Excl and the fps in-game didn't drop at all for the duration of the capturing, which was surprising for me, cause I have a dual-core processor.Is it because Kingdom Hearts is easy to emulate?

That's why the in game recorder is the best bet usually. Regardless of how fast your computer is, it will always record properly without any frameskipping. (Might take a while on slower machines, though).