How to run fatal frame at normal speeds???
Didn't try fatal frame series yet on pcsx2 but best bet would be setting to dx11 hardware mode, native scaling in gsdx, disable mtvu hack, disable antialiasing settings and try with both 8bit textures disabled/enabled.

Also make sure you have vsync disabled in core emulator options, as I can see on net fatal frame 1 is fully playable on constant 60 fps on both SW and HW modes on i5-4670 so it must work on your machine.

Sponsored links

(01-06-2015, 12:35 AM)belmont1990 Wrote: Didn't try fatal frame series yet on pcsx2 but best bet would be setting to dx11 hardware mode, native scaling in gsdx, disable mtvu hack, disable antialiasing settings and try with both 8bit textures disabled/enabled.

Also make sure you have vsync disabled in core emulator options, as I can see on net fatal frame 1 is fully playable on constant 60 fps on both SW and HW modes on i5-4670 so it must work on your machine.

Ran all those exact settings it still runs slow though, only up to 30 fps.
Well you are cpu liimited. GSDX settings are a bit unimportant now if you don't use ridiculous settings.

Enable first all recommended speedhacks.
->Note FPS, EE%, GS%
Enable MTVU
->Note FPS, EE%, GS%
Disable MTVU, Put EE slider to 2 (one above minimum)
->Note FPS, EE%, GS%
Put EE slider to 3 (two above minimum)
->Note FPS, EE%, GS%
Put EE slider to 1 (minimum), Put VU slider to 1 (one above minimum)
->Note FPS, EE%, GS%
[...]

->Find best settings, report back some values.

Btw. VU cycle stealing fakes wrong fps readings. Don't trust these value too much.

If you have done this we can try some more advanced stuff is you are not satisfied.

And as ssakash already said: Please provide a full emulog after you observed the slowdown.
I run this game fine at 60 FPS in Software -and- Hardware Mode. (i5-4670k @ 3.4 GHz).

This game is best played in Software Mode, because playing it in Hardware Mode essentially makes the game impossible to play due to an insane camera bug that still hasn't been fixed. There's been SOME work-arounds, but they either work temporarily, or they cause other game-breaking bugs like invisible Ghosts, etc.

PCSX2 GIT 1.3.0-734
Speedhacks:
  • Enable INTC Spin Detection
  • Enable Wait Loop Detection
  • EE Cycle Rate: 1
  • VU Cycle Stealing: 0
  • mVU Flag Hack
  • MTVU

GSDX:
D3D11 Software
Extra Rendering Threads: 3
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
This cpu should for sure not be at EE%=100. Some settings are odd.
(01-08-2015, 02:12 AM)willkuer Wrote: This cpu should for sure not be at EE%=100. Some settings are odd.

Yep. Just looked at mine, it's definitely something weird on his side. His CPU should be better than mine. And after checking my settings I noticed I had FXAA on too lol. (This is in Software Mode btw. Needless to say it runs fine in HW mode too, but like I mentioned it's unplayable imo in HW Mode, due to the camera bug)

[Image: Fatal%20Frame%20(SW).png]
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
The op"s real hardware will be clear when, he posts his emulog. So, please post the emulog when you observed the problem. If, you don't know what is emulog. Its present in the logs folder of pcsx2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Wait, the OP's specs were already posted on the first post!
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(01-08-2015, 10:14 AM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Wait, the OP's specs were already posted on the first post!
lol Laugh, you should have figured it out by now. the op is obviously giving false hardware specs. let's discover the truth when, he posts his emulog.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-08-2015, 11:50 AM)ssakash Wrote: lol Laugh, you should have figured it out by now. the op is obviously giving false hardware specs. let's discover the truth when, he posts his emulog.

...how do you even know?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]