How to start a game disc
Hi i have a problem with the emulator i try to run my old games but i don't get : how can i emulate from a disc instead of an iso ?we're talking about 50+ discs and i don't want my hdd capacity to be degraded -200 GB by converting them to isos. They're my original ps2 Disks so it's not a disc problem for sure . i read over the internet that there should come a new option entry on the CDVD drop-down when i insert a CD/DVD but there isn't ...anyone ? thanks in advance

Note : First time using pcsx2 ... i converted a game disc to an iso and it worked fine (just so we can exclude that)

PCSX2 : 1.4.0
DVD drive : /dev/sr0

Sponsored links

On the CD/DVD dropdown menu; did you select "Plugin" instead of Iso?
(09-12-2016, 07:00 PM)CK1 Wrote: On the CD/DVD dropdown menu; did you select "Plugin" instead of Iso?

While that's indeed the first step to use an actual DVD, it's only the first step since the correct plugin should then be selected and then configured to the correct drive.

I think it would have been nice if the CDVD menu had items like "Use DVD drive E:" etc (according to what's available on each system). If it's hard to support it at PCSX2 itself, maybe this menu item could auto choose+configure the plugin as appropriate. /wishful-thinking
(09-12-2016, 07:10 PM)avih Wrote: While that's indeed the first step to use an actual DVD, it's only the first step since the correct plugin should then be selected and then configured to the correct drive.

I think it would have been nice if the CDVD menu had items like "Use DVD drive E:" etc (according to what's available on each system). If it's hard to support it at PCSX2 itself, maybe this menu item could auto choose+configure the plugin as appropriate. /wishful-thinking

What you're saying is you'd rather see the available drives on the dropdown than have to open that goofy dialog to change the drive letter? I definitely agree with that.
(09-12-2016, 07:00 PM)CK1 Wrote: On the CD/DVD dropdown menu; did you select "Plugin" instead of Iso?

Yes i've selected plugin instead of iso , after that if i navigate to CDVD->Plugin Menu and then there's the CDVDnull Driver 0.0.6.0 option only but according to Bositman http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Playing-Ps2-game-discs there should be a "CDVD gigaherz" option to select .
(09-12-2016, 11:11 PM)Sanchorka Wrote: Yes i've selected plugin instead of iso , after that if i navigate to CDVD->Plugin Menu and then there's the CDVDnull Driver 0.0.6.0 option only but according to Bositman http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Playing-Ps2-game-discs there should be a "CDVD gigaherz" option to select .

Before you configure the plugin, you should select a non-null plugin which supports physical drives, via the configure menu -> plugin/bios selector, and then click "plugins" and then choose a CDVD plugin.
(09-12-2016, 11:19 PM)avih Wrote: Before you configure the plugin, you should select a non-null plugin which supports physical drives, via the configure menu -> plugin/bios selector, and then click "plugins" and then choose a CDVD plugin.

Yeah i tried that first but there isn't an option other than the "CDVDnull Driver 0.0.6.0" as well
(09-12-2016, 07:10 PM)avih Wrote: I think it would have been nice if the CDVD menu had items like "Use DVD drive E:" etc (according to what's available on each system). If it's hard to support it at PCSX2 itself, maybe this menu item could auto choose+configure the plugin as appropriate. /wishful-thinking
The DVD drive is already automatically chosen, and configurable at CDVD -> plugin menu -> plugin settings...

But CDVD Gigaherz hasn't been ported to Linux yet. I do recall turtleli saying he is working on it/looking into it.
Yes, no yet ported. There are old unmaintained CDVD plugins (potentially available in official linux release). Hopefully we will got a nice plugin for the next stable release.