How to turn off Texture Filtering when using Software Renderer ???
How to turn off Texture Filtering when using Software Renderer ???

I am using GSDX10

and in Renderer : I am using - Direct3d10 ( Software )

everytime I do this, the Texture Filtering check box gets greyed out ...

so How do I disable the Texture Filtering if I am in Software Renderer mode ?

Sponsored links

i think you can't due to the software mode's nature fix.

e.g. Native(Custom resolution was greyed out)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Why your are using GSDX10. Its pretty much outdated. Try the one with PCSX2 0.9.8. But why do you need Software mode.

By the Way, Texture Filtering and Custom Resolution gets greyed out because you can't change that thing.

Texture Filtering is done only in Hardware mode and probably not in software mode. Tongue2 Also, Software mode runs the Game in Native Resolution Only
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(11-10-2011, 09:12 AM)recoder Wrote: Why your are using GSDX10. Its pretty much outdated. Try the one with PCSX2 0.9.8. But why do you need Software mode.

By the Way, Texture Filtering and Custom Resolution gets greyed out because you can't change that thing.

Texture Filtering is done only in Hardware mode and probably not in software mode. Tongue2 Also, Software mode runs the Game in Native Resolution Only

I want to switch off Texture Filtering because I do not want Bilinear Filtering on my Street Fighter Alpha 3 game ...

There is some bug in PCSX that makes Street Fighter Alpha 3 runs very very slowly if you use hardware rendering

The only way to play at normal speed is to use the Software Rendering

And I do not like my sprites to have that bilinear filtering "bluring effect"

I like my sprites to be as crisps as possible ...

And Texture Filtering still works in software mode because ... the sprites are not crisps ... they got all these blurring effect through out ... so there must be some way to turn it off ...

Can someone please help Fuzzy Cat ? ? ?

meow meow meow ...

Cool

Thank You ...
Although you need to have higher resolution. Native will be a bit blurry and texture filtering may make that more blurry(if texture filtering works in software mode). Did you try an older Version of GSDX or latest one.
(11-10-2011, 09:28 AM)recoder Wrote: Although you need to have higher resolution. Native will be a bit blurry and texture filtering may make that more blurry(if texture filtering works in software mode). Did you try an older Version of GSDX or latest one.

Hi there

Biggrin

I tried the latest stable release as well as the beta release and both gives the same blurring effect ...

Blink
Texture filtering does NOT work in software mode, so it's off whether you like it or not Tongue The 'blur' is because the game is running at the native resolution of the PS2 and that can't be changed in software mode as you can in hardware mode (internal resolution)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah! Bositman just as I thought Texture Filtering doesn't works in Software rendering.

recoder Wrote:Texture Filtering is done only in Hardware mode and probably not in software mode. Also, Software mode runs the Game in Native Resolution Only

And said, by me and bositman

recoder Wrote:Although you need to have higher resolution. Native will be a bit blurry

The blur may be because of Native Resolution, and nothing can be done in software mode.

(11-10-2011, 01:23 PM)recoder Wrote: Yeah! Bositman just as I thought Texture Filtering doesn't works in Software rendering.

And said, by me and bositman

The blur may be because of Native Resolution, and nothing can be done in software mode.

Ok then, thank you very much for all the replies and help.

If anyone has any other infor that may help me get rid of the blurring, Thank you very much ...

Blink
Use 2x or 3x Native (Available Only in Hardware Mode) Smile