How to tweak/troubleshoot sound lag/choppiness?
I'm having trouble trying to emulate Persona 3 Fes. The framerate seems fine, but the audio quality is frustratingly poor. I'm fairly certian my specs should have the game running as perfectly as one could expect from an emulator. I haven't found a good guide for troubleshooting/investigating audio issues for PCSX2 running on Linux.

Quote:Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Linux 3.13.0-32-generic x86_64
Physical RAM = 7924 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.998 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
x86EFlags = 2c100000
Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA

Also if someone knows of a game that is good for testing PCSX2 (ie it can be run on almost any system, has few bugs, etc) I would love to know which game that is so I can test running against it. Apologies if there is a guide that I missed/couldn't find. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

You can look here and thank Blyss Sarania for this guide.

Final Fantasy X is a nicely running game. Kingdom Hearts as well.

What are your FPS? Are you using speedhacks?
Which gsdx-plugin do you use?
what gpu? what driver?

to add...use spu2x with sdl instead of alsa.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I'm not sure what my FPS are. I couldn't find a setting or guide on how to get FPS to be shown in linux. I have not enabled any speedhacks yet as it appeared the game's framerate was fine.
GSDx: libGSdx-0.1.16
Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware)

GPU: Nvidia GT610
Driver: nvidia-304 (noveau is blacklisted)

I hadn't tried SDL as I am not using pulseaudio (just ALSA). By switching to that and using async audio things seem to be much better. I might suggest changing the comment in parens for it, since that's the reason I didn't try it. I'll play some and get back to you. Thanks!

-----
EDIT: Also I'd like to post a guide on how to run pcsx2 w/o a desktop environment (as that's how I'm running it). Where's the best place to post a guide like that? Github wiki or on the forum?
I'm glad the audio is working a little better for you. If you have guide, post it in a separate thread here in Linux section. If the admins like it, it will be stickied up top.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti