How to use SVN builds?
How do you install the SVN builds? I've tried:

- Installing 1.0 stable and extracting SVN over the top
- Running SVN by itself without stable installed

Doesnt work when I extract over the top, partly because I cant get everything into the right folder maybe?

And running it by itself doesnt work because there are no plugins.

Do I have to just copy the plugins from stable into the plugins folder of the SVN build by itself?

I have searched for days on information on how to actually install and use the SVN builds (Do you need an svn client? How does it work? How do you keep your SVN syncd to whats released by the buildbot?) but I have been able to find nothing. I realise there is a big thread about the buildbot etc but I cannot find anything on how to use the svn builds on the forum or strangely, the guides provided by PCSX2.

So could someone please run through what to do on windows? Assume I have not got any PCSX2 stuff installed. Thanks in advance Smile
"For every age there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the strength beneath our feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life."

Sponsored links

The only that you have to do is to run the pcsx2.exe. SVN are portable.
You can settle with Orphis build, which includes plugins.
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Optional: remove the numbered PCSX2 file and the numbered plugin-files, since they don't make any difference.

Copy the inis folder from your previous version (such as PCSX2 1.0.0 stable), along with the BIOS folder, the memcards folder,
and the cheats folder (if you have any cheats or widescreen-patches in it) into your new PCSX2 folder.
Savestates might not work on newer versions.
(01-21-2013, 10:58 AM)pgert Wrote: You can settle with Orphis build, which includes plugins.
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Optional: remove the numbered PCSX2 file and the numbered plugin-files, since they don't make any difference.

Copy the inis folder from your previous version (such as PCSX2 1.0.0 stable), along with the BIOS folder, the memcards folder,
and the cheats folder (if you have any cheats or widescreen-patches in it) into your new PCSX2 folder.
Savestates might not work on newer versions.

Hmm I thought I already tried that, but it must have been a version from the google code repo or something. Ill have a play and see what happens, thanks!
"For every age there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the strength beneath our feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life."
The best course of action when upgrading to a new SVN build is just to copy the folder inside the archive onto your desktop, run it, then copy the memory card files from your old build. Savestates often break between builds, so copying them is not advisable. You can put the bios files wherever you please, although the default Documents/PCSX2/Bios is probably best.
i am receiving vc ++ runtime library error in pcsx2-5541-windows-x86 version in 5539 version also

error details the application has requested the run time to terminate it in an unusual way.

contact application support team.
/to Mesiya Return to your own topic and wait. It is not a good idea when you spam other topics to let the whole board acknowledge your problem.

Back to the main topic. SVN builds are portable. Portable software is the kind of software which does not require installation. All you need to do is to run the executable file, which is pcsx2.exe in this case.
there is abug posting thread in pcsx 2 forums believe me thats why created a new thread of posted post which was not available at that time.

when i posted it believe me nobody like writing again and again and i dont copy and paste

its very rude sorry i inspecting computer to check whether the post i posted why didnt uploaded

again i hate writing its in my nature still hate it when i do dont like to comment and stuff related to that.

also there is bug at url http://forums.pcsx2.net/

i tried to search where i posted the post which is How to use SVN builds?

its not searchable more over in forums when we post that post make that thread on top of all the new threads according to new post with time and date which is not happening in pcsx2 forum sorry no hard feeling and not been personal here.

its in my nature when i write it gives makes me irritating and makes me
more irritating when i finish writing and its gone not uploaded and believe me it happened more then once i wish i can prove it but i can i not a event camera recorder and reviewer and fixer.

maybe my internet line had issues uploading but again i dont like excuses its a routine in karachi pakistan and its common habbit every where