How well can this game Run..
Well, I've tried everything, Speedhacks, Turning down the graphics and so many other things, and trying diffrent settings all the time, but I get like 20 FPS at the main menu, and im getting 5 FPS in game. Its terrible and unplayable, BUT I can run other games just fine, and there better in graphics and such, so Im afraid that im doing something wrong here. So, let me give you the game info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_%27N%...ideo_game)

A well decent video of gameplay.. (To give you an Idea of graphics and gameplay)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIeSRGMyMFU

So, is it to crappy for a emulator, or what? Tell me whats wrong, Thanks =)

(Quick Edit)
I've Used This emulator alot on alot of diffrent games, so Im confidident my Computer can run PS2 Games & This Emulator Well.

Sponsored links

Good news Everyone!

I managed to get it to 15-20 FPS With alot of Speedhacks on, I dont mind audio, I usually just blare music anyways. Im looking foward to a stead framerate of 20-30, Thats good enough for me. 15-20 Is a start.
regardless, just like anything else, some games are more demanding than others simply because they are built differently

can you provide your system specs ands exampels of the other games you run

Thanks

EDIT: you also might want to try the mtvu hack in the latest SVN which you can obtain here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(07-13-2012, 03:54 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: regardless, just like anything else, some games are more demanding than others simply because they are built differently

can you provide your system specs ands exampels of the other games you run

Thanks

EDIT: you also might want to try the mtvu hack in the latest SVN which you can obtain here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
Thanks for your help, However I already have the MTVU hack enabled, in fact, I have every hack enabled D= - I'll provide Specs soon.
(Edit) Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz 2.17 GHz
Installed (RAM) : 4.00 GB
System Type : 64-bit Operating System
Hope thats enough INFO.
Thanks

Now you said you have enabled every speedhack, did you do this one at a time or all at once? - i remember reading that setting VU to 3 can actually cause slowdowns

try reducing that a little, or hopefully someone familiar with this game will poke their head in

i noticed "refraction" put in the compatability list (http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html) that the game was fully playable on the SVN about a month ago
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
Okay, one by one I tried every speedhack, With ALL of them enabled, I got about 15-20, but when I set the VU Level to 2, I got about 12 FPS, So In this case VU Sort of helped me, With all of them enabled once again, 15-20 fps. I'll try disabling and enabling a few and so on.

(Edit)
Is there any way to change the graphics of this game, The only source of speeding up my game im using right now is speedhacks, Im not aware of any other kind of way to speed up
games.

(Edit2)
This game is perfect, no Issues with gui, or anything! Except sound due to speedhacks, but I dont mind it as said in the last post. Its just that damn FPS Ugh! Any solutions? Come on guys Im so close!
You can edit the resoloution that the plugin in outputting in the "GS" Plugin" settings

so obviously outputting at a higher resoloution will be more demanding, so you may want to set it to native, the PS2's resoloution and the lowest possible for the sake of figuring out this game
(07-13-2012, 04:25 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: You can edit the resoloution that the plugin in outputting in the "GS" Plugin" settings

so obviously outputting at a higher resoloution will be more demanding, so you may want to set it to native, the PS2's resoloution and the lowest possible for the sake of figuring out this game

Holy Damn That worked! It was at 1000x600 or something around that, Set it to around 600x300 and it made a major speed boost, Ill tinker with it and tell you with results.
(07-13-2012, 04:25 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: You can edit the resoloution that the plugin in outputting in the "GS" Plugin" settings

Only 2 FPS boost, Not to helpful.
I completely forgot about it until you asked if there was anything else.... XD

may i suggest using upscaling instead, so the 2x 3x options - they tend to make for a better gaming experience, because the image doesnt get stretched and/or sqaushed

unless you are trying to make it that size for a reason

EDIT: oh.... well then....

unless theres is a specific problem or config thats ruining the game i would be tending to think that your weak cpu is holding it back

someone else have any ideas? Laugh