How well do these games work?
It was true at the time I wrote that. I didn't consider mass save states to be a viable option...Though, I'm glad to see that all the crashing errors got fixed. Off to play now~

Sponsored links

Star Ocean 3 is "playable", but only if you have skip all the movie. However, its still terrible slow (my pc is E7200 & 9800gt and its only run about 17fps, while persona4 often get 45-60)
Force88 - Try using GSDX version 1.7, SO3 is faster on that, though you still may not get full speed with an E7200.
GSDX 1.7 ?, mine is Gsdx 890 0.1.14 SSE41, where do you find it ?

Edit: sorry, that's the old version, I have found it....
Is star ocean 3 playable with dx9 ? or are these speeds people say are playable only with dx10?
man odin sphere runs slow when dialogue goes on!! 25 FPS!! I guess having a q6600 2.4 ghz doesnt cut it??!!
if you're going to run Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories NTSC version then i would recommend having the EE Sync Hack set to default (since having it more than that causes the cutscenes to act buggy (and sometimes it will even skip the cutscene Blink, also it can cause the cutscene to freeze at some random point {but the chars still working Blink})), also set the the spu plugin to either peops or zerospu (if you choose peops then there are sometimes where the background music will stay in a buggy way {and is only fixed by setting it to thread mode before it happens}), so overall kh re:com ntsc works ok (i haven't gone much into it so don't know if it fully playable Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Regarding Star Ocean 3...I know PCSX2 is by no means a perfect emulator and only some games run full speed (and even then, it may or may not be true full speed since speed hacks may be used). I just recently got a Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz) and with or without speed hacks, the in-game speed has some odd fluctuations. Take Kirlsa Mining Caves for example, at the first save point, it runs at a silky smooth 60fps. BUT, as I go to the exit, it starts going between 30 and 60 every two or so seconds. It gets worse when I leave to enter Kirlsa Mining Town...the speed drops to 20-25fps. Why is it then I've heard of people, who also have Core 2 Duo CPUs, can run this game at 60fps most of the time? What the crap am I doing wrong?

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 (1333MHz FSB) 3.00GHz
GPU: PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3
RAM: 2GB DDR SDRAM (PC2 6400)

And here's my config for PCSX2 0.9.6 SVN831 in the screenshot    
nintendo85:
Use an older version of GSdx. Gabest had a hack in those, that is very much needed in this game.
for Tri Ace games, the best gsdx plugins are gsdx.0.1.7 and gsdx.0.1.6 and two plugins are best too for game Xenosaga eps.3 (this game i already tried) but not sure for other Xenosaga.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.