Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How wilL this GPU fare for PCSX2??
Question 
Hi everyone,
I want to know how will AMD's Radeon HD 5670 will fare with PCSX2?
My specs are:
AMD Phenom 2 X2 550BE @3.1 ghz (stock)
Asus M4A785TDV-EVO Motherboard
2 GB DDR3 RAM @1330 mhz
Radeon HD 4200 (BUILT-IN)
I Want games to run at full speed @Full HD Internal resCool
my monitor res is 1360x768Tongue
Also the on-board GPU...can I..you know SLI or something with this new GPU?? ( I think not...cause different type..Wacko)
Thank you for reading.Smile
Click image for Prev. rigs Cool
[Image: MYNEWPCGII.png]

Sponsored links

CPU is more importance than GPU in Ps2 emulation! So if you really want to games at full speed you should look for the latest processors
My processor is fairly new. I want to know what kind of improvement I can get by installing Radeon HD 5670?
I can play most games at native internal res now..some at higher res too. but games like GT 4, Shadow of colossus, Need for speed Hot pursuit 2 stutter and lag at native res aswell..
you will be fine with that gpu for all games, dont expect to use x4 resolutions etc though Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(07-01-2010, 08:52 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: you will be fine with that gpu for all games, dont expect to use x4 resolutions etc though Tongue
thanks 4 help! Smile
how about 1920x1080?? and will Radeon HD 4850 do a better job??
or is directx 11 support a good thing to have? Huh

EDIT:
Will my CPU be a bottleneck to the performance in anyway?? (specified in 1st post)
just use the scaling option and dont put custom res's, also you can play in whatever window size you like its the same on performance, your cpu is fine but a little OC wouldnt harm also.

forgot to tell you you posted your thread in the wrong section probably it will get moved to hardware.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(07-01-2010, 09:42 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: just use the scaling option and dont put custom res's, also you can play in whatever window size you like its the same on performance, your cpu is fine but a little OC wouldnt harm also.

forgot to tell you you posted your thread in the wrong section probably it will get moved to hardware.

Thanks. just shall I go for Radeon HD 4850??
I know about the window size..Blush

I had done some OC'ing. As can be seen in my sig.
but I live in a tropical environment with hot temps and humid weather so my CPU jumps to around 60-62 degree c in no time...so Ive kept it to stoke. phew!!

oops! Sorry for that! I was a bit desperate..
Quote:I Want games to run at full speed @Full HD Internal res
Your monitors resolution is not 1920 x 1080 so you can't run anything at full hd.

Quote:Also the on-board GPU...can I..you know SLI or something with this new GPU?? ( I think not...cause different type..)
Look into hybrid crossfire.
you may be better off going with a 9800GT for PCSX2
(07-01-2010, 10:52 PM)Ænigmatik Wrote: Look into hybrid crossfire.

I don't think he can do that with his GPU. It's too "powerful" for Hybrid Crossfire. From what I recall, only the really low end cards (e.g. HD 5450) work with Hybrid Crossfire. If you pair a decent GPU with onboard video for Hybrid Crossfire, you'll actually get worse performance than if you had just used the single GPU. Besides, I don't think PCSX2 benefits from SLI or Crossfire anyway. The HD 4850 is faster but it also requires more power than the HD 5670.