How will games run?
You can do a google search of the motherboard. There is a chance it's simply a rebranded board with a proprietary bios of which you could update with a normal one to regain any overclocking functionality.

Even if you can't it would still be a solid processor that would not only be really good for PCSX2 but easily be twice as fast as your current processor in every other regard as well.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

(12-23-2009, 06:30 AM)Koji Wrote: You can do a google search of the motherboard. There is a chance it's simply a rebranded board with a proprietary bios of which you could update with a normal one to regain any overclocking functionality.

really? thats interesting is that common with these prebuilt computers
i looked around some months ago for some possible way to overclock with this computer but it looks like gateway really did close it off for no ocing
I don't think you can, but I would worry more about your PSU. The CPU will most likely work, but your PC will be severely underpowered. You PC comes with a 300W generic Power Supply. I would highly recommend getting a more powerful PSU before slapping on the Phenom II.

Might I suggest getting an Antec PSU with a rating of 550-650W. Even if you can't OC that CPU, it is still powerful.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |