How would FFX Run on this computer?
Hey.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if Final Fantasy X would run fine on my computer or not?
My Specs are

Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 GHZ
3 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB Graphics Card

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored links

it should run decently, since FFX is one of the the games where u don't need a strong computer for. So just try it out with the default settings and if it won't run that great, try to tweak bit by bit, but as far as I know, ur hardware should be sufficient Smile
(08-13-2010, 08:27 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: it should run decently, since FFX is one of the the games where u don't need a strong computer for. So just try it out with the default settings and if it won't run that great, try to tweak bit by bit, but as far as I know, ur hardware should be sufficient Smile

Thanks a lot thats quite a weight off my mind. I wanted to be sure i at least have a shot at running ffx on my pc, didnt want to waste a load of time only to find out i dont have a shot at running it.

Could you by any chance give me a list of plugins to use which work particularly well for ffx?
this

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
"Could you by any chance give me a list of plugins to use which
work particularly well for ffx?"

You remember this? Good to know I wasted my time...

(08-13-2010, 08:31 AM)Rezard Wrote: Use PCSX2 0.9.7. Default plugins and settings mostly. Change GSdx to the highest (S)SSE supported by your CPU, of course, and try it on native resolution. Apply the {Recommended] speedhacks, then follow that up with the EE Cycle and/or VU Stealing sliders little by little, until the game gets worse.

Now, how about we stop double posting a question (that was already answered the first time). There are plenty of FFX threads on this forum, as naoan said when you first asked this question. Instead of even bothering to look at one of the million and a half FFX threads, you decide to start yet another one...
(08-13-2010, 10:51 PM)Rezard Wrote: "Could you by any chance give me a list of plugins to use which
work particularly well for ffx?"

You remember this? Good to know I wasted my time...

(08-13-2010, 08:31 AM)Rezard Wrote: Use PCSX2 0.9.7. Default plugins and settings mostly. Change GSdx to the highest (S)SSE supported by your CPU, of course, and try it on native resolution. Apply the {Recommended] speedhacks, then follow that up with the EE Cycle and/or VU Stealing sliders little by little, until the game gets worse.

Now, how about we stop double posting a question (that was already answered the first time). There are plenty of FFX threads on this forum, as naoan said when you first asked this question. Instead of even bothering to look at one of the million and a half FFX threads, you decide to start yet another one...

if you dont wanna reply dont. Yea i couldnt be bothered to search through the dozens of ffx threads to find one which answers my q in particular about a pc similar to my specs. And what?! Wtf is it to you mofo??

How about you stop being a crybaby and f off from this thread.
Awwww, did I hit a nerve? Laugh

WTF is it to me? How about when I wasted my time answering you question? How about witnessing the stupidity of posting the same question(s) on 2 threads a few links apart at virtually the same time? No, it's the fact that you started another "Will my PC...?" thread about the most covered game when you already asked in the appropriate place (and recieved answer). I understand you may be lazy, but if you would just put as much effort into trying yourself as you do asking over and over until you get someone to hold your hand through it, you'd be playing FFX already.

Now, since all you have to say is nonconcurrent excuses (we're talking about the 2nd time you asked, not the 1st) and BS flaming, I am done with you. You make a good example, though. People will only put up with your laziness for so long. It's bad enough you won't even try to read guides or look up anything yourself, much less take a direct answer. When called on it, you respond with agressive name calling. All that's missing is a "Where can I download BIOS/ISOs?" question, and you're the perfect example of what not to do.