Huge thanks to the Dev team and all who contributed/worked on Pcsx2
I really can't believe how well this thing is working after some tweaks.

Sure, my lesser quality games run on software mode, but many other games run almost perfectly smoothly on hardware mode. I have a 2011 dell commercial laptop with NO upgrades (graphics card has very low mb vRAM) and I can play FFX, Disgaea 1 & 2, even the 2006 game Eternal Poison.

This thing runs better than Dolphin for one reason: it has more options!

Turning the audio out of sync causes almost no bugs and sure, the videos aren't top notch with my settings but I didn't come to see the 'beautiful' Ps2 scenery, I came to play video games.

You guys really put effort into this and I really needed to thank you all for this free software. It's the best in my collection of emulators, I've always been a heavy gamer. It performs better than the best N64 emulator I have, that's incredible guys. All the ideas and quick-tweaks which give the user more options to edit the settings have made this the most powerful emulator I can find. Pcsx2 rocks.

Sponsored links

pcsx2 has done an amazing job of making improvements over the years with every revision. unlike dolphin which seems to go backwards sometimes. I remember being on my old PC and seeing 5fps on FF12, then before it died (as far as I'm concerned, it BARELY boots) I could easily get 30-45 fps, without a sweat.
Devs of pcsx2 really do hard work to make this amazing emu. + dolphin devs too so, the moral is both deserve the great respect cause making an emu isnt a peace of cake.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I like how Dolphin drops old tech like DirectX 9 to focus their efforts on OpenGL and DirectX 11 to provide more accurate emulation, actually. If only the other backends supported custom textures better...
I disagree with dropping dx9, some users of even Win 7/8 don't have dx11 capability. they both run on dx9, so 9 should not be dropped until windows drops 9 support on their OS
Having knowledge of PS2 architecture including its peripherals and corresponding PC ones are precious.
(11-04-2013, 02:51 PM)Saiki Wrote: I disagree with dropping dx9, some users of even Win 7/8 don't have dx11 capability. they both run on dx9, so 9 should not be dropped until windows drops 9 support on their OS

You can get cheap cards, that may be comparable to those dinosaurs, to use DX11. I disagree with when to drop it as for crying out loud, XP got its life extended in 7's lifecycle. Maybe keep it as an option, but "use at your risk as we won't support it anymore".
There's a branch of Dolphin that has DirectX 9 if you /really/ want it. But chances are if you have a GPU that only supports DX9, you're not having a very good emulation experience as the rest of your hardware is probably equally as old. But that's just my two cents...