Hyper Threading advice - On or off?
I hear when HT is enabled it raises the temp the CPU hits when under load. My CPU Turbo Boosts to 2.9ghz in quad-core mode but when it gets too hot it doesnt maintain it, would disabling HT lower the temp and so maintain TB for longer?

Or should I keep it on as itll help the performance of PCSX2?

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

Sponsored links

When I used to have an i3, I found that MTVU worked with hyprthreading on. What I would do to manage the fluctuating frequencies of the cpu is to keep hyperthreading but shut off turbo boost.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Typically it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference, under normal load usage like gaming. You'd only really notice any difference using stress test applications like p95, IBT etc, with the cores all maxed out. Providing your CPU cooling is adequate in the first place. Seeing as your running mobile hardware, it may reduce temps by a small amount. Maybe ~3-5c

The only real way for you to find out, is to try it yourself, and run some tests monitoring the temps/frequencies, with HT on, and off.
I tried the MTVU hack when I had a first gen mobile i3 and the framerate was all over the place. But yeah with the Intel XTU stress test, after 5 mins the temp was around 85C and as a result the TB went up and down. Is PCSX2 as demanding as those stress tests or should I not expects temps as high?

I ask as it would make a huge difference for me as I would be able to maintain TB consistently.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

sorry wrong thread

are you useing hardware or software to emulate the games depending on your pc / hardware fps could drop depending on witch u choose
windows 7 ult asus p5ld2 motherbord navida Geforce 8800 GT 512 mb core clock 600 oced to 650 shader clock 1500 oced to 1625 processor intel pentium D 3.40ghz oced to 3.81ghz 4 gigs of ram