I Am Trying To Run "ESPN NFL 2K4 Football" Can Someone Help Me?
I have been trying to run ESPN 2K Football in PCSX2, but when I start the game it get's stuck in the logo screen

[Image: fc4848eebf.png]

Or sometimes it loads an I select my team to play with

[Image: 27d1bebe3c.png]
[Image: 2686712dcd.png]

but when the game starts it get's stuck again loading screen, as shown below Huh
[Image: b25c38dde7.png]

Anyone had any luck running this game?

Sponsored links

The NFL games are VERY tempromental. you might get further by putting speedhacks on (CDVD Fast and EE Cycle) but it's touch and go if itll boot or not.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-28-2012, 02:44 PM)refraction Wrote: The NFL games are VERY tempromental. you might get further by putting speedhacks on (CDVD Fast and EE Cycle) but it's touch and go if itll boot or not.

Well that sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering this was the greatest console football game ever made Sad

Will try your methods.

Can anyone else confirm this?
oh also sometimes setting the clamping for VU and EE to Full/Extra helps too Tongue2 dont know why, could be coincidence.

Edit: Just checked the last test i did with the game, i was thinking of one of the others

"Like its sega sports brothers, tempromental as hell. This one seemed to prefer the VU's being in interpreter until you get ingame, then its fine. (by ingame i mean on the field, not commentater dude) But yeh picky as hell, so im only giving it ingame."
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-28-2012, 03:11 PM)refraction Wrote: oh also sometimes setting the clamping for VU and EE to Full/Extra helps too Tongue2 dont know why, could be coincidence.

Edit: Just checked the last test i did with the game, i was thinking of one of the others

"Like its sega sports brothers, tempromental as hell. This one seemed to prefer the VU's being in interpreter until you get ingame, then its fine. (by ingame i mean on the field, not commentater dude) But yeh picky as hell, so im only giving it ingame."

Well I tried enabling speedhacks an the game finally started, runs at normal speed too, with a few adjustments.

Starting the game with speedhacks enabled does have it's moments, sometimes I am able to play an sometimes not, but for the most part it does play, played a couple of brief games not too long ago, it's a shame the 2K football franchise did not take off being Madden owns all rights too NFL gameplay.

I personally though Madden copied the style of 2K Football.

the PS2 version of this game is not as good as the XBOX version thou... then again it just could be because this game is emulated.

Fortunately I still have my original XBOX disc of this game, but unfortunately I do not have a XBOX console to play this on Wacko

Thanx a lot for your help bud Wink
So I had the same problem and followed your guide. It did work but it was under one condition. You can't change the modified speedhacks after you played it once and then change it back to normal. Otherwise, if you try to play it again after changing it back to the modified settings then it will stay stuck at the rights reserved screen so either play other games with the modified settings or put in a crap of load of time into the game once.

EDIT: Never mind. It was on Recompilers instead of Interpreters.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5