I Need Configuration Help
I have quite a few questions!

Hey Guys!
I'm Matt, 17 years old and i've got a few problems and questions.

First - My computer

-Dell Studio 17" laptop
-4Gb RAM
-Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
-32 bit operating system
(i forget what kind of graphics card i have but im pretty sure its on DirectX10. post if you can tell me where to go to find out my card and i will post what kind og card it is. along with any other info you need.)

OK i'm a little noobish sooo yea dont do fancy talk when you reply, please include every step and avoid abreviations. dont assume i know as much as everyone else cause i realy dont

1) When configuring the controls, whats best? lily pad or SSSPSX? Lilypad i have no idea how to work and SSSPSX is giving me sass. I cannot figure out how to assign keys to the LX LY and RX RY buttons. Can i use a keyboard and mouse? do i need to assign plug-ins first? How do i do all that?

2) I have been trying to set up my XBOX 360 controller to my laptop but havent had any luck. Do most of you guys use 360 controllers? Did any of you set one up on PCSX2? I plugged in my 360 controller via the cord it came with and downloaded the drivers that popped up when i plugged it in to my computer. However its not under controllers in the control panel. wtf? Whenever i plug my 360 controller in or out my computer it does make a chime noise though, so my computer is noticing it. I also downloaded the "Microsoft XBOX360 Acceseries Status" program but it doesnt even seem to notice my controller. (I tried changing the batteries). One time when i had my controller plugged in i went to the PCSX2 configuration for controllers and tried setting it up with SSSPSX but that didnt notice it either. When i clicked the 10-second-countdown-button (in which time you press a button to assign it) then pressed a button on the 360 controller nothing happened. Do i need a plug in? if so where can i get it and how do i use it?

5) Plugins...what one do i use for a xbox 360 controller. how do i get my computer to notice my controller. PLEASE i have spent so much time trying to set it up on my computer.

NOTE***
If you can help me please do not hesitate to add my msn ([email protected])
or my facebook. (Matt Stewart and i live in Terrace B.C Canada)
or just email me ([email protected])
*MSN is fastest probably.
PC - Dell Inspiron Studio 1735
OS - Vista Home Premium SP1 32 - bit
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo T5850 @ 2.16GHz
RAM - 3.5 GB

If you can help me feel free
msn - [email protected]
facebook - Matt Stewart (live in Terrace BC Canada)

Sponsored links

first read the guide Smile then come back here if you have any other problems
http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-23.html

EDIT: i saw your other thread and wanted to ask you do you have the bios from your ps2 now and did you rip your own games, if not then we won't give you any more support. Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Yup, I just had trouble cause my ps2 is ANCIENT hahaha. i own final fantasy X also. i rapped it, beat sin. but i wasnt too sure how to rip it so i started downloading it. but i will learn how to rip it i guess
I have used the guide. it worked pretty well. i only had the problem off assigning keys on my keyboard to the LY LX RY RX buttons. nothing would happen when i tried to assign those keys. (SSSPSX) oh yea, can you use keyboard or do you have to use an analog controller?
and if you know how. can you give me a guide to set up a wired xbox 360 controller with pcsx2? cause im failing epicly with that.
RAM - 3.5 GB

msn - [email protected]
for the LX, LY, RX and RY values you have to use a gamepad's analog sticks. (i would use lilypad, it supports assigning the analog sticks to the keyboard).

for making your iso you could use this (a very simple iso creator Tongue)
http://www.lucersoft.com/files/free/LCISOCreator.zip
Windows 7 64bit

Thanks you a lot. i really appreciate your help. BTW would you happen to know if a wired xbox 360 controller attatched to a pc is the same as a wireless xbox 360 controller (without the battery pack inside)attatched to a pc with a play n charge cord?
I was also wondering if there is anywayof saving your configurations so you dont have to change them everytime you open the pcsx2 emulator?
RAM - 3.5 GB

msn - [email protected]
(03-25-2009, 01:29 AM)stewart262 Wrote: Thanks you a lot. i really appreciate your help. BTW would you happen to know if a wired xbox 360 controller attatched to a pc is the same as a wireless xbox 360 controller (without the battery pack inside)attatched to a pc with a play n charge cord?
i'm not sure but i think it does (i don't have any of them Tongue)

(03-25-2009, 01:29 AM)stewart262 Wrote: I was also wondering if there is anywayof saving your configurations so you dont have to change them everytime you open the pcsx2 emulator?
run as admin? Huh
Windows 7 64bit