I can't get any games to run...
I am confused, is my hardware the problem?

My specs are:

Phenom II X4 955
HD4890
4GB DDR 3 1333 Ram
Windows 7 64Bit

I tried ZeroGS 0.97.1 graphics plug-in, and when I put the disc in, click "Run CD/DVD", it just shows a black screen, nothing happens.

When I use GSdx 2404 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15, I get a black screen as well, when clicking "Run CD/DVD". When I click "execute", the emulator starts, and brings me to the PS2 menu. Nothing happened afterwards though, and in the browser, it says "reading disc...".

In the Ps2 Output window, it also says "rom2 NOT FOUND" and "erom NOT FOUND" in red...

Is there anything I could do? Sad

Sponsored links

(02-04-2010, 03:12 AM)MacMalicsarte Wrote: In the Ps2 Output window, it also says "rom2 NOT FOUND" and "erom NOT FOUND" in red...

i think u are missing these bios files. bios isnt only 1file but it is formed from many. if i am not wrong it depends on the version, old ones can be 2-3 files while newer even 5-6. u just miss those 2 maybe u did something wrong in the dumping procedure.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(02-04-2010, 03:12 AM)MacMalicsarte Wrote: I am confused, is my hardware the problem?

My specs are:

Phenom II X4 955
HD4890
4GB DDR 3 1333 Ram
Windows 7 64Bit

I tried ZeroGS 0.97.1 graphics plug-in, and when I put the disc in, click "Run CD/DVD", it just shows a black screen, nothing happens.

When I use GSdx 2404 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15, I get a black screen as well, when clicking "Run CD/DVD". When I click "execute", the emulator starts, and brings me to the PS2 menu. Nothing happened afterwards though, and in the browser, it says "reading disc...".

In the Ps2 Output window, it also says "rom2 NOT FOUND" and "erom NOT FOUND" in red...

Is there anything I could do? Sad

One thing you can & should do is ignore those red letterings as if they do mean nothing .

Screen shot would be wonderful, but you'd probably get banned for posting.. HAHA ..

Your specs are hell of a lot better than what I am running, & I finally got it to load up the main screen.. GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 , get Linuz Iso CDVD 0.80 (If you don't have) . . Config Graphics renderer to direct3D9 (Hardware) pixel Shader 2.0 - interlacing Blend bff(slight blur, 1\2 fps) d3d native is my settings. . Tick tecture Filtering & wait vsync.. SSSPSX PAD PLUGIN PRESSURE MOD 1.7.0 . FOR CONTROLLER PLUGIN if you were curious
After installing many different BIOS, I eventually got those messages to disappear. Even before then disappeared I could still run..

Check if PCSX is actually reading the BIOS or not.

I certainly hope this helps you out.
got that from 0.9.6 official guide:

Attention: It is recommended that you have all files for BIOS newer than the SCPH-10000.bin.You will probably be able to run the bios or games without having them but there may be a chance that these affect compatibility somehow. This includes rom1.bin,rom2.bin,erom.bin and a SCPH-XXXXX.nvm file where XXXXX is the version of your bios(eg SCPH-34004.nvm).This last file can be also created from PCSX2 after you configure your bios(set time zone, language etc) but it's better if you have this file directly ripped from your Playstation 2.Once more DO NOT ASK where to get these files, since they are part of BIOS too.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest