I can't install PSCX2 on Linux mint 17.3 64bit? (SOLVED)
I'm now getting a new problem after going back to the open source driver, nouveau instead of nvidia 352...

//Terminal
$ sudo apt-get install pcsx2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pcsx2:i386 : Depends: libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 (>= 2.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
//End of Terminal

Sponsored links

(03-28-2016, 03:39 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: hopefully gregory can just pop in.

Thank good help him, this pro soul cant play pcsx2.Sadit makes me sad.
(03-28-2016, 03:37 AM)Agash28 Wrote: Sadly I already tried doing what they did, didn't work. I think they might be using 32 bit version of Linux...I am also (well was) a windows user, a good one at that. This isn't very new as I used Linux back in 2012 but I never did anything with libraries. Also, in Linux, it's called Terminal, not CMD (Command Prompt) BTW. Thanks for trying to help, appreciate it. Biggrin

also that no excuse pcsx2 still runs on 32 bit that has not changed.
Holy s*it. I found the solution!!!! It turns out, the nvidia driver gave me a different error which was the first post. Then I went back to nouveau (open source driver) and got a new error that I stated a bit after the first one. I had the PPA which was "ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa" and then had to install these libraries:

sudo apt install libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid:i386
sudo apt install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386

After that I did "sudo apt-get install pcsx2"and it worked!!!! I tried for two hours....Thanks for your help mosss and at least I don't have to wait for gregory anymore Smile
(03-28-2016, 03:50 AM)Agash28 Wrote: Holy s*it. I found the solution!!!! It turns out, the nvidia driver gave me a different error which was the first post. Then I went back to nouveau (open source driver) and got a new error that I stated a bit after the first one. I had the PPA which was "ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa" and then had to install these libraries:

sudo apt install libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid:i386
sudo apt install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386

After that I did "sudo apt-get install pcsx2"and it worked!!!! I tried for two hours....Thanks for your help mosss and at least I don't have to wait for gregory anymore Smile

ahahahah well, I did help give you the motivation to keep moving forward Laugh, no problem
case close!!! (METAL SLUG) MISSION COMPETE!!!!
Hello,
The solution was already posted on this board Wink
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Linux-Min...#pid502870

nb: I'm making a new install of linux mint 17.3 kde 64b today, and it still works.