I cant use my keyboard as a controller,help?
I'm using the lilypad plugin for controller..and i keep going to config and then click on controllers and pad1 and put all the desired keyboard letters for the cross,triangle and square and stuff..but after that i run the game and none of the keys on the keyboard work..

how do i fix this?

also every time i click on pcsx2 it also tells me pcsx needs to configured? how do i stop this from showing every time i start it up?

also the first time i choose GSdx 962 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15..it says "could not load GS plugin'plugin':<NULL>" then when i do it the second time the pcsx window shows up..why does it do this and how do i fix it?

also whats the best sound plugin to use?
and best Graphic plugin?

Information about computer
Graphic card -Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT
Intel core 2 quad processor Q0066
RAM- 4GB

Sponsored links

This question has been asked so many times that I don't even

right click on pcsx2.exe and select run as administrator.
Or move it to a UAC free folder like my documents.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
(03-10-2010, 08:16 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: This question has been asked so many times that I don't even

right click on pcsx2.exe and select run as administrator.
Or move it to a UAC free folder like my documents.

all that did was start of the application..what is UAC? and whats gonna happen if i move It to documents?
Your problem is PCSX2 can't save it's settings, making you reconfigure every time. Running as administrator should fix this, since it can write just about anywhere it wants then.

Moving it to My Documents or the desktop does pretty much the same thing without making you run as administrator. The local user (you) have read/write access there, and that will hopefully make your problem go away.

Move the entire pcsx2 folder to My Documents or the desktop and see if the issue goes away.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(03-10-2010, 10:07 PM)echosierra Wrote: Your problem is PCSX2 can't save it's settings, making you reconfigure every time. Running as administrator should fix this, since it can write just about anywhere it wants then.

Moving it to My Documents or the desktop does pretty much the same thing without making you run as administrator. The local user (you) have read/write access there, and that will hopefully make your problem go away.

Move the entire pcsx2 folder to My Documents or the desktop and see if the issue goes away.
Okay it works..now but the sound is lagging what's the best sound plugin to use and video plugin to use that has best quality? info below for computer that best matches the plugins for graphic and sound..thanks so MUCH!!

also it kinda just stoped working in teh middle of the game..

Information about computer
Graphic card -Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT
Intel core 2 quad processor Q0066
RAM- 4GB
SPU2-X and GSdx should be the best choices (also the default ones).

What game and what settings are you using? Lag usually means you don't get enough speed and by looking at your graphics card I can tell already you should tick the "native" setting in GSdx as it's a slow card.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-11-2010, 02:03 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: SPU2-X and GSdx should be the best choices (also the default ones).

What game and what settings are you using? Lag usually means you don't get enough speed and by looking at your graphics card I can tell already you should tick the "native" setting in GSdx as it's a slow card.

are you sure because i checked on this wbesite http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2331.html and it says Will work at a reasonable to very good level of speed with both plugins:
Geforce 6600 series and above.. and mine is above 6600 mine is 8500 GT..

which both plugins can i use to get a very good level of speed?

the game im playing is Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex,settings for which plugin?

what does native mean?
If you read with more detail it says 6600 and above meaning the 6600 is on the very low side of that reasonable speed, the 6600gt is much slower than the 8500gt and depending on the game both cards would be limited to using native resolution while the 6600gt will be much slower for some games. The recommended graphics card for PCSX2 is actually 8600gt and higher, while the 8600gt is also much better than the 8500gt and still not enough some times.

I said it already but GSdx and SPU2-X are the best choices in plugins.

When I asked for your settings I meant the settings under the config menu (graphics, sound, cpu, advanced, speedhacks specially) preferably with screenshots.

Native as I mentioned is an option in GSdx and it will force PCSX2 to render graphics at the internal resolution in the game (the default settings make it render at higher resolution but this means lower speed in games).

I suggest you check the configuration guide and follow it as close as possible, it will also explain what most of the settings do.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

(03-11-2010, 03:00 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: If you read with more detail it says 6600 and above meaning the 6600 is on the very low side of that reasonable speed, the 6600gt is much slower than the 8500gt and depending on the game both cards would be limited to using native resolution while the 6600gt will be much slower for some games. The recommended graphics card for PCSX2 is actually 8600gt and higher, while the 8600gt is also much better than the 8500gt and still not enough some times.

I said it already but GSdx and SPU2-X are the best choices in plugins.

When I asked for your settings I meant the settings under the config menu (graphics, sound, cpu, advanced, speedhacks specially) preferably with screenshots.

Native as I mentioned is an option in GSdx and it will force PCSX2 to render graphics at the internal resolution in the game (the default settings make it render at higher resolution but this means lower speed in games).

I suggest you check the configuration guide and follow it as close as possible, it will also explain what most of the settings do.

Okay..i just thought since its higher then 6600,its very good speed,it wasn't mentioned in there that it should be 8600 or higher for good speed.

i meant what version of GSdx is best.anyhow i cant seem to find the native option anywhere.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In GSDX 9(your second image from the left), in the row of D3D internal res, you can see the little box next to 1024 and have Native written next to it, and that is the native option.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit