I don't know what the deal is but...
Lets a couple of things cleared up.

First
1. I know how to use the emulator as those instructions are all over the place (Not just on this site, but places such as youtube).
2. I have that exaxct emulator and it's installed correctly
3. There is nothing to figure out, it just simply never shows the logo.

And second as for this comment:
Quote:strangely, I've come to another conclusion. You are unable to configure pcsx2 correctly
Well considering there are only so many configurations that can be done, so after using every combination of plug in (And yes I have a list) it is impossible for it not to have been configured properly. On top of that, a good chunk of the configurations I've used came from this site/people who posted them on youtube and other places said those configurations came from this site, so by saying I didnt' configure it properly is saying that the configurations on this site are all incorrect.

Third:
I have had no other problems configuring the EPSX, The Dolphin. So don't start talking down to me as if I did something wrong. The bottom line is something is wrong with the emulator and I really don't care who tries to say otherwise, the logo will not display but it runs fine. Clearly there is something wrong with the emulator itself.

Finally:
Here is something this site needs to do:
Instead of just having what plug ins to use, how about a clear description of what exactly that plug in does and an eaxmple of why it would get used.
Outside of saying sound, graphic, and whatever, how about a whole listing of what sound cards and graphics each plug in should be used with what computer component.

Sponsored links

again did you use full boot ?
why in the hell you need the logo for ?
you are getting full speed and nice graphics and sound why do you need it
the funny thing is that Rama posted a screenshot to prove you're wrong, and you still don't believe it.
I don't know what we could do for you.

At least, in order to make this thread look like a real support thread, post your pcsx2 settings, plugins settings, pcsx2 version, emulog, etc...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:Instead of just having what plug ins to use, how about a clear description of what exactly that plug in does and an eaxmple of why it would get used.
How about you start reading the configuration guide instead, where everything you just listed is described in detail ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7 )...oh probably because you're just here to whine about a logo not showing (wtf?) which has like 0 impact in anything and which shows up for everyone else but you.

Quote:Outside of saying sound, graphic, and whatever, how about a whole listing of what sound cards and graphics each plug in should be used with what computer component.
Right, let's list a configuration for every possible combination of graphics cards, processors and sound cards....oh wait that would take approximately 10 years to do.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-30-2011, 02:42 PM)tx3000 Wrote: Finally:
Instead of just having what plug ins to use, how about a clear description of what exactly that plug in does and an eaxmple of why it would get used.
Outside of saying sound, graphic, and whatever, how about a whole listing of what sound cards and graphics each plug in should be used with what computer component.

We ship PCSX2 with good default plugins that are well configured by default.
We have configuration guides in many languages for in depth information on PCSX2 and plugins.

I don't know how we can make this any easier than this.
Configuring a plugin based emulator is never easy and except for Dolphin, no other emulator makes this much effort to streamline this stuff, at least from the one's I know.
(Did you notice the preset system in PCSX2 itself? Doesn't get easier than that, really.)
(07-30-2011, 02:42 PM)tx3000 Wrote: Third:
I have had no other problems configuring the EPSX, The Dolphin. So don't start talking down to me as if I did something wrong. The bottom line is something is wrong with the emulator and I really don't care who tries to say otherwise, the logo will not display but it runs fine. Clearly there is something wrong with the emulator itself.

Finally:

@3: so if u dont care why ru still here? is clearly that the emulator works fine(even for u), u can read the thanks thread to see that >_>

@finally: ru high?

hows possible that a logo issue is so important when u have no problems with the gameplay? besides the great guide u can find a lot of post about the right configuration for at least 50 or more games.

ps engrish ftw(?)
ps2 the fking slide aka preset system, is rly a easy setup for noobs and ppl who dont read the guide, and yet they still complain D: its rly hard or complicated???
(07-30-2011, 11:32 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: As far as I know this happens in PAL games, if you have an NTSC one it should show the logo fine when you do a (full) boot.

only some PAL games botch the Playstation2 logo...
Quote:the funny thing is that Rama posted a screenshot to prove you're wrong, and you still don't believe it.
Him posting a screenshot means nothing. And it doesn't prove me wrong.

I'm using a USA BIOS, so why is it giving me time zones in the set up menu, of everything EXCEPT USA.

I love how people here are completely retarded. If you all want to continue saying idiotic statements such as
Quote:is rly a easy setup for noobs and ppl who dont read the guide
And other such BS despite me clearly saying I have FOLLOWED EVERY SET UP THERE IS, this would mean I have read guides?

To say read the guide or you didn't read the guide or how about you read the guide after I already said I DID is just sheer retardedness.

All of you saying read a guide should just learn how to read to begin with.
Quote:Him posting a screenshot means nothing. And it doesn't prove me wrong.

Well, i thought a screenshot coming from one of the pcsx2 devs would be a good proof. But if you know that emu better than the coders, feel free to contribute on the project page.

Have a warning for flaming, btw...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Dude, what's your problem!? I gave you advice, and you just frickin' ignored it!

And now you're proceeding to FLAME EVERYONE. WTF, buddy...

Seriously, I'd love to help you, but you need to converse, not bicker.