I have an error when trying to record gameplay on pcsx2 latest nightly
i was talking about "ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip"
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(01-21-2024, 09:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: i was talking about "ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip"

Thank you! Now it works
(01-21-2024, 09:35 PM)charlie12 Wrote: So what now?

I had the same issue but figured it out, I'm going to try and be as detailed as possible here to try and help anyone else out in the future.

The exact name of the file that you need to download as of today, 2/2/2024, is "ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip" and not the "ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl.zip" as it does not have the .dll files.

Download and extract the file "ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip". In my case I downloaded the file to "C:\Users\<User>\Downloads" ("<User>" being replaced with your windows username) and I extracted the file to a folder of the same name so "C:\Users\<User>\Downloads\ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared".

Go into that folder, continue into the folder called "bin", in the "bin" folder you should see 8 .dll files and 3 .exe files, copy only the .dll files.

Go to your PCXS2 .exe location, in my case again it was downloaded and extracted in "C:\Users\<User>\Downloads\pcsx2-v1.7.xxxxx-windows-x64-Qt" and paste the .dll files directly into that folder and you should be set.