I have horrible performance after restarting Ubuntu 14.10 laptop.
It was running fine the first time I installed pcsx2. I didn't need to speedhacks and I maxxed graphical performance settings on pcsx2. After restarting my computer, it now runs pretty slowly. I don't believe I changed any settings. I was running "Tales Of The Abyss" What do you think happened? Here is my computer info. My graphics card is intel hd graphics-4600

[Image: PmiDmpj.png]

Sponsored links

make sure you have the latest build/source and make sure gsdx is set to opengl hardware mode
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

also, are your power settings the same and is your laptop plugged in?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-18-2015, 12:21 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: also, are your power settings the same and is your laptop plugged in?

It's plugged in. The power settings are the same.
Do a clean uninstall of PCSX2 and then reinstall. Obvious answer, but it will most likely work.
I tried all these things. I just gave up and installed pcsx2 on my dual-booted windows. The graphics and speed was just way superior.
It's quite possible, Linux OpenGL is a bit slow unless you have an Nvidia card which will support multithreaded OGL, the intel and AMD cards fall behind a bit there Sad

(07-18-2015, 02:01 PM)refraction Wrote: It's quite possible, Linux OpenGL is a bit slow unless you have an Nvidia card which will support multithreaded OGL, the intel and AMD cards fall behind a bit there Sad

Doesn't explain why it worked well before a restart. Sounds like a case of power saving mode to me but apparently it's not.
(07-18-2015, 04:22 PM)Rassane Wrote: Doesn't explain why it worked well before a restart. Sounds like a case of power saving mode to me but apparently it's not.

True, it's either a power option problem, or something else running in the background causing it.

Kernel/Driver update?