I have to ask. . .why do my fps drop?
I have read most of the faq's and tried to configure the PCSX2 for a while now. I know that sometimes hardware is key, but I have a powerful machine. Some configurations leave the screen half blank or scrambled. Other times everything runs around 60fps, but (the game I am working with is Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance) as soon as the LOADING wait screen loads, I drop to 9 fps, then the audio lags and everything goes to hell. I am running the newer release and here is my system specs. . .
AMD FX 6100 six core OC'd at 3.8GHz
AMD (Sapphire) Toxic R9 270x overclocked edition 2 GB card
12 GB system memory
960D chipset.
I make an ISO with Magic of the disc I plan to run.

I am at a loss as to why I can't crush these games. Should I convert and become an Intel/Nvidia boy?

Thank you

Sponsored links

you can try using some speedhacks, but you probably won't get very good results. The main problem being your cpu's low single threaded perf which is worse than the previous gen phenom II cpu's at the same clock speed
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-18-2014, 06:20 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: you can try using some speedhacks, but you probably won't get very good results. The main problem being your cpu's low single threaded perf which is worse than the previous gen phenom II cpu's at the same clock speed
Thanks. I think I will just share my monitor both with my PC and hook up the PS2. . .fun to try emu's though. . .
You should still be able to run a good number of games with that CPU, especially if you can push it to 4.2Ghz or so.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I jumped the CPU up to 4GHz. the game now drops to 10.27 fps vs 9.34. Then the whole program crashes with the error: GSDX: out-of-memory texturing temporarily disabled.

I even tried to isolate just on core. I think I am at a loss for this EMU. . .Wacko
you need to patch the emu with the 4 gb patch
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I must have missed something. I thought I went through every setting. How exactly do I patch it? Thanks, I did try a different game and it only dropped to a low of 40 fps and didn't crash. Must be unique to each title. . .
use this to patch pcsx2 : http://www.ntcore.com/files/4gb_patch.zip
For BG : DA2 use gsdx software mode and set 4 extra rendering threads.

Abd of course, don't expect miracles with that CPU since it's known to perform very badly with songle threaded applications.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank so much. . .The patch fixed the crashing. But the game is like I am on acid or something. I think I am slowly leaving AMD behind. I have always been a fanboy of their GPUs. But I guess they can't be great at everything. Time to save up for an i7 4770k. . .Cheers. . .BTW nice avatar, I loved the IT Crowd. . .great show!
Just FYI with an FX 6300 @ 4.2 Ghz I have been able to run any game I tried at full speed in PCSX2. Including demanding titles like Shadow of the Colossus. Some of them required a lot of tweaking, but I got them all running full speed. Although I haven't tried BG:DA and even people with a 3570k say it crawls for them.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD