I just finished Shadow of the Colossus!
Rainbow 
A dream came true!

Finished this work-of-art of a game. First played it a bit 2-3 years ago on a real PS2 then spent the last year or so trying it on PCSX2 from time to time. It's finally fully playable, bloom problem still present at times but in no way detrimental.

I played it on r3204 *snip* 0.9.7.3200 Jun 12 2010.

I used:
GSdx 3193 SSE2 with stock settings - I now see was on DX9 Hardware, 1024x1024, x1, no native
For emulation: no framelimiting, no frameskipping, EE Cyclerate at 2, VU Cycle Stealing at 1, enabled INTC Spin Detect, enabled Wait Loop, enabled mVU Flag hack (basically only the recommended stuff)

My machine:
AMD Phenom II X3 720BE @ 2.8Ghz
4 GB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT
Windows 7 x86 (32 bit)

PCSX2 reported constant 50-60 FPS - but the game was weirdly sluggish at times - but nothing really bad - I finished the game in a couple of days.

I am overwhelmed with joy!Smile

Sponsored links

I finished it too last week, but I used modified GSDX plugin I made which disables Bloom...
The game is excellent piece of art indeed... Spent two evenings on that...

I also found that minimum CPU needed for this hame is 2.7GHz... Had to overclock my roommate's PC while he's gone... Smile

Concerning Speedhacks:
EE Cyclerate at 2, VU Cycle Stealing at 1 - is not good...
EE Cyclerate at 0, VU Cycle Stealing at 2 would be much better... EE Cyclerate speedhack does not help much, but makes input to lag a bit which is crucial...
Tnx for the tips - will try them out when I play on Hard mode !Smile
Btw can you send me your custom GSDX?
@valentingalea : no links to unofficial builds, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm going to start up Shadow of the Colossus soon, just finished Ico, and loved it!.

Had the same sluggishness in Ico, even as it reported 50-60FPS all through.
umm,I just got Shadow of the colossus,I played until I killed the third one.
but I don't find it that interesting,are things gonna get better or is it gonna stay the same way?
(I really think I should go exchange/trade the CD right now!)
Im new on this forum and i will ask a few questions. What is pcsx2 and how can ı play Shadow of the Colossus on pc? İf yes where can ı download it? thanx
Read the stickies and the readme. You buy the game, downloading it is illegal and such discussion will not be tolerated here as per our forum rules.
[Image: newsig.jpg]