I just wanted to ask Something
not sure what's going on here then... PCSX2 doesn't just decide to use more CPU, there is either something on the computer has changed which caused it (other software instaleld or the updated drivers, which rolling back should fix if this is the case) or PCSX2's settings have been changed, possibly added extra clamping modes or something.

one thing you could try is backing up your pcsx2 ini files, deleting them all and setting everything up again and see if the issue persists.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

okay i'll try it the only thing i updated is my gpu driver i think i'll try to roll it back and delete those .ini files you said
btw when did u update your gpu driver? if it's recently then just do a system restore to a restore point which is BEFORE when u did the update. things will return to as they were before. if too much time has passed then that restore point will be gone thus u have to manually roll back. if that doesn't work u can try backing up your data, formatting your machine and installing everything once again
if the drivers were updated good chance the settings were set on default as well (so it could be your graphicscard is adding AA while you disabled that function before.)

try opening nvidea control panel and go to 3d settings,
disable any AA options and AF (antistrophic filtering) options and look if vsync is enabled, if so, disable it just in case.

report back with results Tongue
i updated my gpu driver last October 10, and everything on nvidia control panel is on default for pcsx2( no AA or AF or vsync turned on on the control panel) except i turned it to maximum performance
(10-24-2012, 04:54 PM)devilscorner Wrote: i updated my gpu driver last October 10, and everything on nvidia control panel is on default for pcsx2( no AA or AF or vsync turned on on the control panel) except i turned it to maximum performance

you probably have nvidea optimus on that laptop?
if so, go to 3d settings and then go to program settings, search for the pcsx2.exe you are using and add that to the list, just to make sure the pcsx2 is using the gt540 and not the intelcard.

other reasons i could think of is that you were using speedhacks but you had forgotten you used them in the first place Tongue

enable mtvu speedhack and set EE cycle rate to 2

this *should* fix the slowdowns

report back! Smile
(10-24-2012, 05:59 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: you probably have nvidea optimus on that laptop?
if so, go to 3d settings and then go to program settings, search for the pcsx2.exe you are using and add that to the list, just to make sure the pcsx2 is using the gt540 and not the intelcard.

other reasons i could think of is that you were using speedhacks but you had forgotten you used them in the first place Tongue

enable mtvu speedhack and set EE cycle rate to 2

this *should* fix the slowdowns

report back! Smile
yup i already added pcsx2.exe in the nvidia control panel ( i always do it when i update my driver) so today i tried to downgrade my gpu driver( and still got the same slowdowns) and yes i do use speed hacks but the only speed hack Ive been using since before are the INTC spin detection, Wait loop detection, mVU flag hack and MTVU and of course the EE was on 1 and VU stealing was on 0 and in my plug-in settings Ive been using direct3d11 and in interlacing on auto and IR with 1366x768.....

im sure i didn't forgot anything because the last time i used pcsx2 i didn't touch anything on the settings

Edit;
so i tried turning EE cycle to 2 but i still get this constant slowdowns ..... i can't believe it even in FF X i always get constant slowdowns fps dropping to 20fps
are the games starting at 60 fps or 20 fps?

are u playing the games with the laptop charger plugged in or are u using the battery? for me the fps drops to 20 when i am using the battery and it's almost empty. it also sometimes dropped to 20 fps even when the battery is full. when i use the charger that doesn't happen

try uninstalling 1.0.0 and install it again. also try to use 0.9.8 . the graphics plug in should be set to directx 10 or 11 hardware

if u tried everything and nothing works then u have to format Sad install everything once again, use that old graphics driver and switch off windows updates. that most probably will fix things and return them to as they were before
(10-25-2012, 10:40 AM)solidus Wrote: are the games starting at 60 fps or 20 fps?

are u playing the games with the laptop charger plugged in or are u using the battery? for me the fps drops to 20 when i am using the battery and it's almost empty. it also sometimes dropped to 20 fps even when the battery is full. when i use the charger that doesn't happen

try uninstalling 1.0.0 and install it again. also try to use 0.9.8 . the graphics plug in should be set to directx 10 or 11 hardware

if u tried everything and nothing works then u have to format Sad install everything once again, use that old graphics driver and switch off windows updates. that most probably will fix things and return them to as they were before
nope when i play games in my laptop i always remove the battery because it also builds up heat and power management is on maximum performance and when i start the game of course it starts at 60fps and windows update is already disabled a long time ago
as long as it started on 60fps that means things are ok

describe the slowdown. does it stay at 20 fps? or does it fluctuate between 60 fps and 20 fps? if fluctuate then it's ok. i also got speed fluctuations when i played final fantasy 10

when you start the emulator at 60 fps after how long does it drop to 20 fps? like in say an hour? in hour the laptop would have heated up and that may cause the slowdown. removing the battery will not stop the overheating. try getting a good coolpad and use it when u are playing