I just wanted to ask Something
the important thing is your being laptop cooled as u game

i admit it. WarWeeny has more experience than me in configuring pcsx2. do what he says. hopefully it will work

if however u tried everything, nothing works and u have given up on trying to fix it then all u can do is format and try and return things as they were before

Sponsored links

(10-25-2012, 08:53 PM)solidus Wrote: then all u can do is format and try and return things as they were before

but what if he doesnt know the configuration and programs anymore?

do you know what you have been up to these past 3 months installing/uninstalling drivers/programs these past 3 months?

i dont Tongue
(10-25-2012, 08:22 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: 1 fps, that must be super smooth! D:

set the clamping modes to normal and disable the hardware hacks for now.

enable texture filtering and set the internal resolution to 2x (this way i know for sure the gt 540 is working on it, because of the load it gives it will surely go to 3d clock speeds)
also check gpu-z to see if the gpu is actually being used when playing pcsx2.

i am aware that EE% are mainly cpu bound but just to be sure, try out the settings above.

report back Smile
okay so i set the IR to x2 and disabled the hardware hacks the game was still normal for about 2min (and i didn't even change locations or even moved i just let the time pass) but after that i still get constant slowdowns, 2mins before the EE % is on 40-50+% but after that it spiked up to 80-90% and i didn't even moved my character is just stayed in one place...... is there still a way to fix this??
Sounds like a memory leak. Try version .9.8 and see if you still have this problem.
(10-26-2012, 07:53 AM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: Sounds like a memory leak. Try version .9.8 and see if you still have this problem.

yup i already tried that and the new revisions yesterday but still got the same result
(10-26-2012, 07:45 AM)devilscorner Wrote: okay so i set the IR to x2 and disabled the hardware hacks the game was still normal for about 2min (and i didn't even change locations or even moved i just let the time pass) but after that i still get constant slowdowns, 2mins before the EE % is on 40-50+% but after that it spiked up to 80-90% and i didn't even moved my character is just stayed in one place...... is there still a way to fix this??

i am asuming the clock speeds of that i5 is going down when that happens?
you can check the clock speeds in realtemp as well, this is the only thing i can think of really.

if this is the case, try cleaning the laptop (complete undust it, use high pressure air cans, these are like $8 a can and work wonders on one's machine)

as always, report back Smile
if u suspect there is a hardware fault causing your problems then take it to some pc shop for a full checkup. they will clean up your laptop from the inside and format it for u. formatting is easy. just make a list of all the programs that u need and have the drivers ready. u can do this by yourself if u have the needed skills. if not then the shop will do it for u. as for the drivers use the old graphics driver and not the new one
(10-26-2012, 12:04 PM)solidus Wrote: if u suspect there is a hardware fault causing your problems then take it to some pc shop for a full checkup. they will clean up your laptop from the inside and format it for u. formatting is easy. just make a list of all the programs that u need and have the drivers ready. u can do this by yourself if u have the needed skills. if not then the shop will do it for u. as for the drivers use the old graphics driver and not the new one

what skills does one need to format and reinstall a new windows? -,- its just pop the dvd in and install it, and in the install options you can format the hdd.

plus he is way cheaper to just buy a high-pressure air can then spending 50 bucks on a check and another for cleaning. its just not logical...
(10-26-2012, 12:57 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: what skills does one need to format and reinstall a new windows? -,- its just pop the dvd in and install it, and in the install options you can format the hdd.

plus he is way cheaper to just buy a high-pressure air can then spending 50 bucks on a check and another for cleaning. its just not logical...
okay i'll report back as soon as i can use my laptop im still busy in my school homework (i'm currently using my dads laptop ^...,^)
(10-26-2012, 12:57 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: what skills does one need to format and reinstall a new windows? -,- its just pop the dvd in and install it, and in the install options you can format the hdd.

okay soo i cleaned up now my laptop and used throttle stop to monitor cpu if it goes down if the EE% is higher.... soo yes when the EE% goes like 80-90% steady the cpu multiplier goes down and i think cleaning my laptop didn't help me..... *sigh* i can't belive this is happeningWacko