I know laptops aren't recommended
but would pcsx2 perform decently with this book?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834146613

Sponsored links

1.6ghz CPU? At most it will boost to is 2.2ghz or so... So no, that would not be recommended for PCSX2... You could probably manage to get some 2d games working on it... but PS2 games require a much faster processor for the vast majority of titles.
[Image: 2748844.png]
... assuming the dumb thing doesn't decide to infuriate you to no end by refusing to upclock itself to 1.6ghz under sufficient load, then you can expect semi-decent performance in PCSX2, using speedhacks liberally. But if it acts like a lot of other laptops (especially the quad core ones), then you'll just be stuck with 800mhz or 1.1ghz when running PCSX2, and it'll be complete crap.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(11-27-2009, 08:10 AM)Koji Wrote: 1.6ghz CPU? At most it will boost to is 2.2ghz or so... So no, that would not be recommended for PCSX2... You could probably manage to get some 2d games working on it... but PS2 games require a much faster processor for the vast majority of titles.

Would a laptop with;
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 3MB Cache)
4GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M

Beable to Run Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom hearts 2 At playable speeds?
yes it would be able to run kingdom hearts/2 easily at 100%
2ghz or so is enough for that
[Image: 1454055.png]
$1,149.99 for inferior but mobile pice of crap, i will never understand people who dont need laptop for job or school but they still buy it... i can build 2 times better computer myself, for half of that price. Why dont you just consider buying stationary PC? For that price you will be able to buy a PC that will run every ps2 game possible. And you would be still able to connect it to your big TV and play ps2 games with wireless controller ( like rumblepad 2 ).
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
the laptop would still be useful for school thats why im getting one, if i had another laptop i would definitely get a desktop.
(11-27-2009, 08:17 AM)Air Wrote: ... assuming the dumb thing doesn't decide to infuriate you to no end by refusing to upclock itself to 1.6ghz under sufficient load, then you can expect semi-decent performance in PCSX2, using speedhacks liberally. But if it acts like a lot of other laptops (especially the quad core ones), then you'll just be stuck with 800mhz or 1.1ghz when running PCSX2, and it'll be complete crap.

I'm not too sure what this post means about upclocking and what not.
(11-28-2009, 08:20 AM)KalelEmulationKing Wrote:
(11-27-2009, 08:17 AM)Air Wrote: ... assuming the dumb thing doesn't decide to infuriate you to no end by refusing to upclock itself to 1.6ghz under sufficient load, then you can expect semi-decent performance in PCSX2, using speedhacks liberally. But if it acts like a lot of other laptops (especially the quad core ones), then you'll just be stuck with 800mhz or 1.1ghz when running PCSX2, and it'll be complete crap.

I'm not too sure what this post means about upclocking and what not.

Some laptops underclock the CPU nearly all the time, meaning your 1.6Ghz processor is forced to run slower. It saves power by running the CPU at a slower speed, in Air's example 1.1Ghz or 800Mhz (0.8Ghz).

This obviously negatively impacts performance, and unless the manufacturer provides a utility to disable this little "feature" completely you can't be sure you'll get that full 1.6Ghz when you actually need it.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
thanks. for the info cool.