I'm new, need advice please
Right I've been all through the configuration settings using that guide and I've finally achieved almost perfect settings for FFX, FFXII, Resident Evil 4 and Timesplitters 2. I set SkipDraw to 5 instead of 4 as I was still experiencing the problem I mentioned in Timesplitters, it is still slightly apparent in the game menu but its so minor I can ignore it

I've been playing Final Fantasy X for most of the day and for most parts it runs even better than on the PS2, however the FMV's appear slightly grainy (this is also the case in FFXII and Resident Evil 4). Am I just expecting too much out of the emulator? After playing PS3 games for so long I'm probably just use to HD now but still I remeber them being better quality than this. In FFXII however FMV's constantly flicker and are virtually unwatchable but the game itself plays perfectly.

The main problem I'm having with FFX however is battles, in almost all of them the first couple of letters from each persons name or line of text are being cut so their names often appear as "dus" or "kka". Also the damage I'm inflicting often doesn't appear. Again its not a big deal but it would be nice to fix.

Finally underwater battles are very glitchy and often lag, this is the main problem I'd like to fix if possible.

I'm currently using gsdx-sse4-r3878, Direct3D hardware with x3 scaling and 1280x1024 res

Hopefully that should finally be it Biggrin

Sponsored links

(11-30-2010, 02:57 PM)Smokin Kippers Wrote: I've been playing Final Fantasy X for most of the day and for most parts it runs even better than on the PS2, however the FMV's appear slightly grainy (this is also the case in FFXII and Resident Evil 4). Am I just expecting too much out of the emulator?

FMVs are prerendered and the emulator just stretches them, that's the quality they came with not much you can do about it.

Quote:In FFXII however FMV's constantly flicker and are virtually unwatchable but the game itself plays perfectly.

try switching to software mode while those are playing with F9 and back to hardware mode (F9 again) when you're playing.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-01-2010, 02:57 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: try switching to software mode while those are playing with F9 and back to hardware mode (F9 again) when you're playing.

Yep thats sorted that Smile

What about the text problem in FFX battles and the glitchy underwater battles? F9 fixes that but obviously it significantly reduces the graphics quality. Is there any other way around this?