I'm new, need advice please
Hi, I've just installed this to play FF10 which I'm attempting to play off the disc. I've had a play around with the settings after watching a few youtube videos and I think I've found a decent setup.

However I'm experiencing two issues

1)There is always a long stutter between scenes or when dialogue begins.

2)The FMV's play slightly slower and are somewhat grainy.

I'm running Intel Duo E8400 3.00ghz, 4.00gb ram, ati radeon 4800

The problem only seems to happen when (you'll have to forgive my ignorance here) the cd drive stops making noise, the game resumes to normal when I hear the reader making noise again so could the problem be the fact that I'm playing from a CD?

Also can anyone recommend a good setup for the system I'm running?

Sponsored links

Yep. It's like that when you play from a disc. You could try making an ISO from your disc (using a program such as ImgBurn) and play off from that instead.
Ok thanks. Can you use DVD decrypter for that?
Yes, DVD decrypter works too.
Right I've ripped an ISO of FF10 but how do I open it? I only have the option to play from a disc.
(11-28-2010, 07:29 PM)Smokin Kippers Wrote: Right I've ripped an ISO of FF10 but how do I open it? I only have the option to play from a disc.

Make sure pcsx2 is set up to use the ISO file...

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.6 so I don't have those options, should I download the beta instead?
Getting the beta might be a good idea. If you intend to use 0.9.6, you can try using the Linuz Iso CDVD plugin as the disc plugin.
(11-28-2010, 07:55 PM)patrickdinh Wrote: Getting the beta might be a good idea. If you intend to use 0.9.6, you can try using the Linuz Iso CDVD plugin as the disc plugin.

Its ok I found it now. I'll wait until the beta becomes the new version.

Thanks for you help!
I have one final question, can you transfer saves from a PS2 memory card for use in PCSX2? If so what do I need and how can I do this?

I have the device for transfering PSone/PS2 saves to the PS3, I don't suppose I can somehow use that?