I'm new, where and how to download bios?
Title pretty much says everything.

Edit: An afterthought: Can I use anything other than bios to play games? (Like ISOs, roms, or anything else)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

*sigh* Read the rules. No piracy allowed. No discussion on how to obtain the bios file, except by legal means. If you want to use a pirated bios, you'll have to figure it out on your own.
plus, bios and iso are two different things, you can't simply ignore one of them and use pcsx2...
Downloading the BIOS is illegal. The BIOS is a part of the Playstation 2 console and has nothing to do with Playstation 2 games.
To legally obtain a BIOS file you need to get it from your PS2 console. Here are some guides on how to do this:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-to-...s-over-LAN
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-BIOS-dump-help
[Image: newsig.jpg]

1. Piracy is not allowed here (downloading a BIOS is considered piracy).
  2. To get the PlayStation 2 BIOS, you must dump it from your own PS2.
  3. PCSX2 team provide a tool that help you do it.
  4. To run that tool, you need a modded console, either hard-modded using modchip or soft-modded using Swap Magic.
  5. In the bottom line, those who have a modded console are...
  6. Repeat from the 1st statement. Laugh
(06-28-2012, 01:08 PM)Livy Wrote:
  1. Piracy is not allowed here (downloading a BIOS is considered piracy).
  2. To get the PlayStation 2 BIOS, you must dump it from your own PS2.
  3. PCSX2 team provide a tool that help you do it.
  4. To run that tool, you need a modded console, either hard-modded using modchip or soft-modded using Swap Magic.
  5. In the bottom line, those who have a modded console are...
  6. Repeat from the 1st statement. Laugh

modding your OWN hardware or Software is not illegal as long as you don't distribute modded versions ...
Well I assumed you wouldn't be able to download them just to clarify that but I didn't know what other word to use then. Thanks for telling me btw

(06-28-2012, 08:34 AM)Archerko Wrote: plus, bios and iso are two different things, you can't simply ignore one of them and use pcsx2...
I also knew that, I was just asking if I can use anything else