I'm trying to play FFXII Collector's Edition bonus disk ?
I have the Final Fantasy XII [Collector's Edition] I'm just trying to play the bonus disc but it won't play. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8 with plugin cdvdGigaherz I made the single ISO myself from disc it is a double layer disc by the way. When try to start it, it say at top booting to bios then at the bottom Isofile:searching for layer 1...

The window is black nothing happening, accept hear pc trying to work like HDD making noises.

Does Pcsx2 not support bonus disks or just not this one ? thanks

I5-2500K @4.0 GTX 550TI.

Sponsored links

make an ISO(ImgBurn)

(04-05-2012, 03:25 AM)Scott111 Wrote: Does Pcsx2 not support bonus disks or just not this one ? thanks

what does the console window(window bar) says?? Playable?? Ingame?? Unplayable?? or Unknown??
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I did make the ISO with ImgBurn without the mds file just single ISO. The window bar just says Booting PS2 Bios... thats all never gets any further than that. Also I can hear HDD alot during this time like it's trying to read or write something. At the bottom of window it this:
Image type = CD
Fileparts = 1
isoFile: searching for layer1...

First of all it's not CD image it's a 6.02GB Iso file.

I probably shouldn't assume think theres something worong with my ISO I made. The bonus disc in fact is not even a game it's the bonus DVD so it's like a movie format. Maybe it's just that PCSX2 just can't play this movie. By the way does anybody know if PCSX2 can play any bonus dvds movies at all ?

I'm trying to run the disc but I'm having problems on how to configure the emu to read off the disc. I read this guide ''Quick Start PCSX2 Configuration Guide v0.9.8'' that I found here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Quick-Sta...ide-v0-9-8
but for some reason I can't find info on how to make PCSX2 to play off disc.
It's probably not compatible.

It is just a movie, right?
Do not use PCSX2 for the bonus disk considering its just a normal dvd movie. You need to use a video player like VLC or WMP-HC or windows media player to watch it. Thats your first mistake.
The DVD didn't auto-play? Wink
I can help you because I'm a PS2 video expert. But you have to reply some questions.
What type of files have you got if you explore the dvd?
If there are .sfd files and .sfa files, you can't play them with PCSX2 or with video players... You need to convert them to .mpg with a converter I've got. It's not Dreamcast movie maker.

I can help you because I'm a PS2 video expert. But you have to reply some questions.
If there are .sfd files and .sfa files, you can't play them with PCSX2 or with video players... You need to convert them to .mpg with a converter I've got. It's not Dreamcast movie maker.
just pop it in your ps2... if its only a movie why play it with pcsx2? its not that the res will be improved by alot...
(04-05-2012, 10:16 AM)Corei7 Wrote: I can help you because I'm a PS2 video expert. But you have to reply some questions.

The bonus dvd doesnt need to be converted as I popped it in and VLC popped up for it so no need for anything special to play it on pc.
I opened the disc to see what files theres and it's got two folders one is a Audio_TS and the other is a Video_TS. So it's fine I'll just play it in my dvd player. But one of my questions still remain can pcsx2 play dvd's ? thanks guys