I need a help with a game on PCSX2
ok, so im relatively new to PCSX2. but i was interested in playing my ps2 games on my computer, in a case i didnt have my ps2 with me. so, i downloaded pcsx2. i dumped the bios on to the pcsx2 file. then i took my game cd, final fantasy XII, downloaded it, and made an ISO of it, and put it on my desktop. well, actually i had someone do that part for me, since i didnt know how to. but i got it there. then, i open pcsx2 and start configuring it. here's what all of my configurations look like:
[Image: 294l46q.jpg]

i think i have all of my settings right. so, i then click on start EFL, and chose my final fantasy game. all of a sudden, an error pops up:
[Image: qpp4x0.jpg]

could someone tell me how to fix this please? i run a vista, and i ran it as administrator, but it still didn't work.

Sponsored links

Out of memory??? how much RAM you have

---sorry my english is really terrible, but good , for a german Smile ---
Out of Memory error is somewhat common in 0.9.6, try the latest beta:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Quote:then i took my game cd, final fantasy XII, downloaded it, and made an ISO of it
I'm not sure I understood what he said, there ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:i think i have all of my settings right. so, i then click on start EFL
That's not how you start a game. Read the configuration guide, specifically the CDVD configuration section
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...guide#Cdvd
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Oh, ok. i reread it, and i found that you have to either click execute, or run cd/dvd.for the execute, you have to have the game configured first, and then you can click execute. but i need help with 2 things now. first, when you click run cd/dvd, does it automatically run the cd in your drive, or does it run the game you have configured.?
and second question, i cant find the thing that you check, so that it shows the configure screen when you start an emulation.
(04-18-2010, 05:15 PM)zonova Wrote: first, when you click run cd/dvd, does it automatically run the cd in your drive, or does it run the game you have configured.?

It launches whatever cdvd plugin you have set and that can be either to run an ISO file or your disc drive, I don't think you read that configuration guide quite well enough.

Quote:and second question, i cant find the thing that you check, so that it shows the configure screen when you start an emulation.

CDVDnull plugin, again in the configuration guide Bositman linked you to :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-18-2010, 10:40 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(04-18-2010, 05:15 PM)zonova Wrote: first, when you click run cd/dvd, does it automatically run the cd in your drive, or does it run the game you have configured.?

It launches whatever cdvd plugin you have set and that can be either to run an ISO file or your disc drive, I don't think you read that configuration guide quite well enough.

Quote:and second question, i cant find the thing that you check, so that it shows the configure screen when you start an emulation.

CDVDnull plugin, again in the configuration guide Bositman linked you to Tongue

Lol, yea. sorry. i was in a bit of a hurry xD.