I need best FPS for Call of Duty 3.
Hello, I'm completely new in this Forum.

My PC config is :

1. Intel Core i7 3rd Gen
2. 8 GB DDR3 Ram
3. ATI Readon HD 5770 (DDR 5, 1GB) Graphics with DirectX 11 support.
4. 2 Terabyte Hard Drive.
5. Win 7 Ultimate.

I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 with latest Bios and all latest plugins. I tried many different settings by myself and from youtube videos. But none seems to give me good FPS. Max I get 40-45.

Please can anyone suggest me with good settings, so that I may get as Highest as possible FPS rate for Call of Duty 3.

Thank you.

Sponsored links

what is you exact cpu model ? which clockrate ? what are your pcsx2 settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-21-2013, 12:38 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what is you exact cpu model ? which clockrate ? what are your pcsx2 settings ?

Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz,

and here are the settings,

Set EE and VU cycle speed hacks to the first level, and turn them step by step up to see if they help or make things worse
[Image: newsig.jpg]
First I would restore all defaults in EE/IOP and VU's
Then I would turn off all speedhacks.

Then you start your game. Read out fps (not in menu but in-game. Maybe with many effects/npc's visible).

Then you turn on the first speedhack. Compare fps. Either by testing or by using the slider on the buttom (preset). Best would be to use first compatible speedhacks.

Some speedhacks can harm your game in compatibility and speed. So turning on all speedhacks will probably never give you the best results.

You should also look on the EE and GS-Rate as well as on your cpu-usage (per core). They can often explain why your fps are low.

Your CPU is not the worst but you can not use hyperthreading since in hardware-modus pcsx2 uses only up to 3 cores. Single core performance is needed and maybe you will have problems for some games that require clock-rates above 3 GHz.

Nevertheless first start step-by-step and play around I think you will find the best settings for your system/game.
(11-21-2013, 01:12 PM)Bositman Wrote: Set EE and VU cycle speed hacks to the first level, and turn them step by step up to see if they help or make things worse

I tried this before as u mentioned. Please see this     .
with these with these speedhack settings I get maximum 40-45 FPS.
(11-21-2013, 01:20 PM)irfan_omi22 Wrote: I tried this before as u mentioned. Please see snapshot NO 3. These with these speedhack settings I get maximum 40-45 FPS.

that's why Bositman asked you to set them to 1.
setting both to 3 may slow the game down.
Is that CPU overclockable ? just to get it above 3.0ghz ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
then you have probably made a table where cells are filled with average fps:

Code:
EECycle\VUCycle | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 |
1               |   |   |   |   |
2               |   |   |   |   |
3               |   |   |   |   |
now find the maximum in the table...
Can that CPU be overclocked? If so you should try to OC it, as that will give you the greatest boost in frames.