I need good settings for pcsx2 for my computer to make fps faster
Here are my computer statuses

Processor: AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile
windows 7 (vista when first bought)
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M GRAPHICS
The computer is a HP G60-117US Notebook PC

I just want some possible settings that will update and improve the fps (20-35 right now), and thats with FFX and i think FFXII. Any advice what-so-ever would be amazing Smile

Also, is my computer up to standard to use PCSX2 0.9.7? if the processor is not good enough possible?

Sponsored links

(11-22-2010, 08:23 PM)CheddarShredder Wrote: Here are my computer statuses

Processor: AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile
windows 7 (vista when first bought)
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M GRAPHICS
The computer is a HP G60-117US Notebook PC

Is that 8200M a norm,GS or GT?
What's the clock-rate of the Turion?

Well if the processor roughly matches the GPU then you'll be fine with some 2D games but it just won't do for the majority of 3D games I'm afraid, try FFX with full speedhacks, clamp modes set to none and SuperVU[Legacy] then maybe as a 3D game that could work.

Sad
<REDACTED>
(11-22-2010, 08:41 PM)Fezzer Wrote: Is that 8200M a norm,GS or GT?
What's the clock-rate of the Turion?

Well if the processor roughly matches the GPU then you'll be fine with some 2D games but it just won't do for the majority of 3D games I'm afraid, try FFX with full speedhacks, clamp modes set to none and SuperVU[Legacy] then maybe as a 3D game that could work.

Sad

It is a GS.
and the clock-rate of the turion? well ill give you two answers. i JUST now got started maybe 3 weeks ago on "advanced" computer systems and terms.

lol i feel retarded giving random answers but:
1. 64-bit
2. My CPU speed is 1.998 ghz is that possibly helps if these what you were looking for.

lol what are some 2D PS2 games O_O
Well at 2.0Ghz dual it's not as bad as expected although relative to Intel it's value is probably around 1.8Ghz on Pcsx2 so you can pull of FFX on native resolution I'm sure, if you do the stuff I said before you may be able to play it on 1026x1026 depending how your Nvidia card does, probably has to be native though.

2D gamess?
Only one I have is streetfighter anniversary collection, that runs 100fps+ on my weak laptop.
Also many others I don't have, I know Disgaea is supposed to run dam fast.
<REDACTED>
Im going to say 2 words

Laptop
Sorry.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-22-2010, 09:17 PM)refraction Wrote: Im going to say 2 words

Laptop
Sorry.

Lol thats exactly what i was thinking literally before i even posted this. Ninja
(11-22-2010, 09:17 PM)refraction Wrote: Im going to say 2 words

Laptop
Sorry.

Oi! Tongue

Don't dis laptops I do perfectly well with mine on many supposed "High-spec games". Laugh

EDIT: Theres a few things you can do,

*Unindex your hard-drive(s)
*Computer->Properties->Advanced Tab->Performance settings->Set to "For best performance"
*Other stuff I can go into if it's still not good on FFX for you.

2nd EDIT: Also use a laptop cooler pad if you can since once laptop hardware reaches a certain temperature, it often underclocks.
<REDACTED>
it has little to do with laptop or not the difference is that laptops usually are clocked @ lower frequency to make less heat, because its much harder to cool laptop. I have Hp pavilion dv6 with C2D P8700 @ 2.5ghz with HD4650 1gb and 4gb ram and it runs ffx, ffx2 ff12 well for the most part, just some slowdowns in problematic areas, but thats more to do with pcsx2 not being perfect yet, stronger cpus like my i7 @3.5 ghz can power through those areas but my laptop runs those games pretty well
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod