I need help understanding how to chea in PCSX2
It's not cheat engine the problem

And as for the in game cheats,they work fine here(I'm using LilyPad)...I tried twice to get 10000 gold

Sponsored links

(06-08-2012, 01:29 AM)vsub Wrote: It's not cheat engine the problem

And as for the in game cheats,they work fine here(I'm using LilyPad)...I tried twice to get 10000 gold

How did you do it using Lilypad? I can't seem to get the button pressing sequences to work.
The way the instructions say...press in that order and hold L1 + R2 + L2 + R1 and for the directions,use the buttons you set for D-PAD not for left analog

And while you can move the character,not in some menu
I tried several times to do the gold code, but it just isn't working.

Here's what I have mapped:

L1 = D
L2 = C
R1 = G
R2 = B
X = A
Circle = S
Square = Q
Triangle = W
Left = left arrow
Right = right arrow
Up = up arrow
Down = down arrow
L-analog left = Numpad 4
L-analog right = Numpad 6
L-analog up = Numpad 8
L-analog down = Numpad 2
R-analog left = E
R-analog right = T
R-analog up = R
R-analog down = F

I press D, B, C, then G in that order and hold them with one hand's worth of fingers (4 fingers), then press n' release S, Q, right arrow, left arrow, A, W, down arrow, and finally up arrow in that order with my other hand. The 10,000 gold doesn't show up. Did I assign my keys wrong, or am I missing something on how to make it work sequentially?

I apologize for these questions. I have never had problems like these when I used any other emulators from NES all the way up to epsxe (PS 1). I appreciate your patience with me as I try to learn and figure out this new system out.
I don't think making this code to work will be possible with keyboard...there is a limit of how many keys you can hold at once and that not pcsx2\lilypad limit
Okay. What's the solution for me getting the in-game cheat codes to work? I heard there's a way to use PS3 controller cuz it uses USB cable, and if so, would that work for PCSX2 and enable me to put in code combos for the in-game cheats?

Also, is it possible to hack / edit savestates so I can change gold amounts, armor / weapon durability, and skill points?
You can use PS3 controller on pcsx2(don't ask me how,I don't have such controller)

I don't know about the save stated and btw there are codes for the game at gametwink

//Infinite Health
patch=1,EE,204FC954,extended,739AA945

//Max Money
patch=1,EE,204FC960,extended,E953327E

//Infinite Magic
patch=1,EE,204FC964,extended,739AA945

//Max Unspent Skill Points
patch=1,EE,204FC974,extended,739AC845
I'm looking up how to do the PS3 controller, as I have a PS3 of my own.

I hate to sound dumb, but how exactly do I implement patch files into PCSX2 0.9.8? I don't see any "patch" options in the PCSX2 menus? How do I use that list of patches / extendeds into PCSX2?
Look at the first post
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...tches-here
there are couple of links to guides
I looked at the FAQ titled "Cheats and Patches in general", but it doesn't explain how to create patches. How do I create a .pnach file? Type in a notepad, then add ".pnach" at the end of the file name? I looked at the Omniconverter thread and the PCSX2 Converter tools. I downloaded both, but when I click the PCSX2 Converter's "Setup.exe", it says "Launching Application. Verifying application requirements. This will take a few moments." but it stays there for like 15 minutes until I force-quit it using task manager. The same thing happens with the two other .exe's in that specific folder. So I guess PCSX2 Converter is out for me.

Again, I apologize for my n00bishness. Once I learn how to do these things, it should get a lot easier and less confusing.