I need some help
Hi guys, I'm new, I downloaded PCSX2 a few days ago, and it works just fine. I have put the bios in it's folders, and everything else works normally, except when I try to make the games work. I click execute, and the Playstation 2 loader screens starts, but just when the game is about to start, an error message comes up, and the program just closes. I tried to turn PCSX2 on numerous times, but the same thing keeps happening, so can someone please help me? I think I might have configured something wrong but I don't know.

Thank you.

Sponsored links

Do not click execute, that just tests the BIOS I believe. Rather, click File->Run CD/DVD.
(07-17-2009, 02:26 AM)nasageek Wrote: Do not click execute, that just tests the BIOS I believe. Rather, click File->Run CD/DVD.

I've tried it both ways, they both do the exact same things, as soon as the game is about to start, it just shuts down giving me an error message.
What CDVD plugin are you using.
Are you using an .iso or a game disk.
I'm using .iso
CDVD plugin?
What kind of error message is it? The standard windows has encountered a problem and needs to close error?

Sounds like a plugin for sure. What is your graphics plugin? Sound? CD/DVD plugin?

In the configure box where you have the option of configuring all plugins at once try clicking on the test button for each plugin and see what happens.
I don't understand what you mean by plugin. In the Plugin folder there are about 15 things, 4 of them have cdvd along with the rest of their names, such as CDVDiso.dll or CDVDnull.dll. I'm sorry if that's not what you asked because I didn't understand your question correctly.
On the configure, I tested them all and all of them said success, and yes it is the standard windows has encountered a problem and needs to close error message.
...open pcsx2, hit config, and go to configure. Now, tell us which plugins are selected in the drop boxes.
Alright, never mind, I figured it out, now it no longer shows the error message, this time though, it doesn't let me play my game. A message comes up saying: Error loading Kingdomhearts.iso and once I click Okay, another message comes saying: Error Opening CDVD Plugin. I tried testing the Cdvdrom, which is set on Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 and it failed.