I read the stickies but I still got more questions.
Okay. I read the stickies to my best of knowledge; I found out my computer will probably not run the emulator. Since I have a computer from 2002, with a 32 graphics card(I think possibly lower), only one core processor, and very low memory. lol

So you guys gave me a wake up call--- I need to upgrade my computer. (please bare with me o mighty gaming gods lol)Now I will ask my questions in numerical order so it's easier to keep track of:

1)If I decided to get a computer with more than 2 core processors(computer will be mainly for gaming, ims, and such) will that affect the quality of the game? Will it help or cause problems? I know more usually is better but not always.

2)I have a ps2 system(had 3 systems-- bro's, my other bro's and mines) but 2 broke(only mine remains).... But since the ps2 is kinda annoying to plug in and plug out. I decided to go with emulators for it. Since I have the system and I will be getting the games bought before I even download them online. Will it be illegal to play the emulator? I know this is an oxymoron. But I wanna be a 100% sure. Just wanna make sure the popo isn't going to show up at my house some random day for having it.

3)Say a game is very rare to find for sale(and currently inflated at ebay) but I still have the disk, though it's broken (well just unreadable due to too many scratches...--- which I can't fix since they're deep)... will I still need to buy a NEW disk just to play the game on an emulator? Like will it be okay if I show proof of owning the game itself, and still download a ROM/ISO of it somewhere? Or will that be illegal still?

4)Would you guys recommend me a good game controller that will work for ps2 games, ps3 games, and a lot of other systems? Like a controller that I can use to play online(usb)? I don't want to spend 20 bucks on something to have it break later on. I'd rather it'd last me a long time.

5)Say a game called "monster rancher/monster farm" (any of the series), uses a weird technology that when you create a monster the disk slot opens and you need to insert a disk(any disk- cd, dvd-- whatever) because it reads some integers or whatever it's called... How would I go about that in the game? Like is there anyway to over come that and possibly get automatic random integers?

It works as follows> Disks has random numbers(or so I read) in the data> The random numbers are used to make up a monster within said range> Depending on integer the stats, and type of monster itself varies. You could have one that makes a plain suezo with low stats, and another that makes the same monsters just with a higher stat.

6)The plugins that are said to be there. What do I do to get them? Are they in my ps2? I know this is a stupid question to most of you.. but it's still confusing me.

7)What would you use as a "memory card" in the emulator? Instead of the card itself. Does it save on its own? (i'd hate to play hours on end, to save it then find out next day it's not there).

8)Should you not want to purchase a physical copy of the game. Is there anywhere where you could -LEGALLY- purchase a digital copy of the game? (Game stop rarely has the copies of the games I want anymore... and as stated ebay ends up over charging you for a once 7dollar game lol).

Hopefully I can get answered soon! LaughLaughLaugh I'm happy to have joined this forum and I hope I'm not bothering you guys by asking these questions... Blush

Sponsored links

1)you'll be able to use the mtvu hack.
but the most important are architecture and raw clockspeed.
means if you get an 8-core clocked @ 1.5 Ghz, it'll be less efficient than a quad core @ 3.0 ghz. If you want to go for AMD, don't fall in the "bulldozer trap". Bulldozer architecture is less efficient than phenom 2 architecture and won't bring you good results.

Quote:2) Since I have the system and I will be getting the games bought before I even download them online. Will it be illegal to play the emulator?
not only it'll be illegal, it'll be stupid. Why bother downloading a game online if you have the original disc ? Just turn it into an iso using imgburn, it'll be quicker, safer, and legal...

3)you are allowed to use your on copy only. So yes, it'll be illegal still...

4)I love my logitech F710, but that's my opinion

5)there are many threads about this specific game on the forums, just search. I personnally don't own this game.

6)Those are piece of software made by devs (most of them are open source) they come with pcsx2 package.

7)The memcards are emulated, those are specific *.ps2 files
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's sorta weird. Thought more processor cards means-- better quality. Was I wrong with that? What's the best processor for ALL games currently online? Asides emulators. Talking about games that require a good processor. I want the best I can get so I don't get attacked by the lags of death.
(02-24-2013, 12:02 AM)Sunnysushie Wrote: It's sorta weird. Thought more processor cards means-- better quality. Was I wrong with that? What's the best processor for ALL games currently online? Asides emulators. Talking about games that require a good processor. I want the best I can get so I don't get attacked by the lags of death.

Nowadays most games barely use 4 cores although it is changing. As for today the Intel CPUs provide the best performance (don't fall for the vPRO trap though Smile ).
Imagination is where we are truly real